migration of Broker to UM 9.7

Hi Experts,

We are planning for an upgrade from v.8.2 to 9.7 and with migration of Broker to UM 9.7.

The 1st part I’m well aware as in what all we need to define in scope and how to move on, however need your help on later – migration from Broker to UM.

Broker is used as a JMS provider and hence I assume it shouldn’t trouble us much, however would appreciated your help in outlining the things we should be taking care as part of this migration.

Also, as part of this activity we are moving from AIX to Linux. Any other pointers which needs to be taken care?

Thanks in advance for your help

Manish

Did you read “Migrating_from_Broker_to_Universal_Messaging” guide. If not please review it has all your answers.

Regarding AIX to Linux - I have no information currently.

On a glance, check this information.

1> Make sure to check the broker version and UM version before migration. Currently (as of today) the broker version is 9.6 and UM version is 9.8

2> Approach One
Make Universal Messaging your only messaging provider. To use Universal Messaging as the only messaging provider:

1. Configure Universal Messaging connection in Integration Server and set it as default.

2. Sync the document types using Software AG Designer. For more information, see Software AG Designer Online Help .

3. Run the pub.utils.messaging:migrateDocTypesTriggersToUM service to optimize Integration Server document types and triggers for use with Universal Messaging (Recommended).

Approach Two
    Migrate to Universal Messaging in phases. To use Universal Messaging alongside Broker and set Broker as your default messaging provider:

4. Configure Universal Messaging connection alongside the default Broker connection.
    Ensure that you have enabled both Universal Messaging and Broker in the
    Integration Server messaging se?ings and set Broker as the default messaging provider.

5. Switch documentation types gradually by changing the messaging provider alias
    from Broker to Universal Messaging.

6. Run the pub.utils.messaging:migrateDocTypesTriggersToUM service to optimize Integration Server document types and triggers for use with Universal Messaging (Recommended).

3> Migrate the JNDI and JMS Assets using brokerjndimigration.{bat/sh} script and brokerjmsmigration.{bat/sh} script located at Universal Messaging_directory /tools/migrate

Thanks Mahesh!

Wanted to have view from others who have done migration, per support even after release of 9.7 , UM still lack gateway & territory and other native features which are in use at our end and do not look like “as it is “ migration is going to be possible …

Let others share their thought

NP, I am watching this thread any ways :slight_smile: