Microsoft Package and C# API (client)

Hello,

Can anyone point me in the direction on where to find documentation on the lastest versions of the webMethods microsoft package? A link would be really helpful. I cannot find anything in on empower.

Specifically, I’m looking for the lastest version of the .NET client APIs (invoke a webMethods service from .NET using the webMethods API) and documentation.

There is no specific product documentation under webMethods (that I can tell) on the empower documentation site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

This isn’t what you’re looking for, but may I ask why you want to use the proprietary API? Would calling the IS-hosted services via HTTP work for your situation?

Absolutely it would…and that’s what we want our users to do.

Unfortunately, we have a number of older applications that are using the API (v6.5) which we were lucky to find still worked under IS 7.1.2. Since SAG is discontinuing support for v6.5, I’m supposed to check to see if there is a newer version. That being said, we’re trying to come up with business reasons beyond the typical “because HTTP web services invokes are more generic” type. We won’t be able to get people to go back and revisit code unless there is a very good reason or ROI.

If I were to find out that there are significant changes between API 6.5 and 8.x…awesome. Even better would be to find out that SAG doesn’t suggest using it anymore or plans on discontinuing the API…but I know I’m not that lucky.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Makes sense. I hope someone can provide the info you need. Good luck!