maximum number of schemas ?

Hi,

I use Tamino 4.2.1 an load a huge number of documents and schemas into it.
Is there a limitation in numbers of schemas to define to Tamino?

I defined 5590 and when I want do define the 5591st I get an error. I use the JavaClientAPI… the Tamino error response is:

<?xml version="1.0"?><ino:response xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2” xmlns:xql=“XQL FAQ (XML Query Language - Frequently Asked Questions)” ino:sessionid=“154” ino:sessionkey=“234562550”><ino:message ino:returnvalue=“7931”><ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXDE7931”>An error occurred while processing a schema document</ino:messagetext>ino:messagelineINOXRE8835: Line 1, Column 438: Data map record could not be updated</ino:messageline></ino:message></ino:response>

any suggestions?

(the error is repeatable, I get it 3 times)

Thank you
Markus

Hi Takiram

it looks like you’ve hit the maximum number of doctypes per collection.
I was not aware of the exact number - but the order of magnitude looks reasonable.

As a workaround, you might use different collections!

What is your use case for having that many different schemas?

Best regards
Uli

Hi,

thank you Uli, your answer was very helpful for me to locate the error…

I have no special usecase, but I wanted to learn more about Tamino while testing it with numerous scenarios.

To workaround my problem I no use less schemas/doctypes than before. Now everything is working fine.

One qestion left:
Do you know where or if I can trim Tamino to accept more schemas/doctypes… Where can I get information about the maximum number of doctypes per collection.

Thank you
Markus

Hi

as far as I know, the maximum number of doctypes per collection is not documented
officially. There is no means to increase this limit.

Sorry
Uli