Mapping document list item to a different list

Hi,

I am trying to map a document list item to a different list. I can map anything in the document outside the list in the input document, but as soon as I map any field inside the list no data is passed. If I look at the pipeline I can definitely see that the fields I am trying to map are populated with data. I tried mapping the recordlist to a record list variable but then the result of the document list is null, although you can clearly see that records exist in the list.

Thanks

Pls try with loop step logic specifying

In-array(document list item) and out-array(differentlist) and place a map inside the loop, and directly map source to target fields
(before doing this mapping just click on the map step inside the loop and make sure both documentlists show as a document).

HTH.

I have a similar problem. I have a list (in-array) and document (output). I am looping through the in-array and mapping (only some fields) the values to a document (output). Everything is fine when there is more than one record in the in-array. But, when there is only one record in the in-array, none of the values that I am trying to map are moved to the output document.

Record layout:
IN-ARRAY-LIST
Field1
Field2
ANOTHER-LIST
Field3
Field4

OUTPUT-DOCUMENT
Field-output3
Field-outout4

Did anyone had a similar problem? Please help?

Thanks
JG

Jithu,

Actually when you do documentToRecord or XMLNodeToDocument steps either you have to set documentTypeName or else in the Arrays parameter set all the Arrays records(roottag)and also set makeArrays=true.

So when there is one record in the document then it will still show an Array then your loop step will work as expected.

HTH,
RMg.

Another option is to define a document type for it (if the structure is fixed) and give the documentTypeName to the service. Note that when doing so, you must set the makeArrays to ‘true’.

Good luck, Chris