Mandatory records and fields are not generating errors for XML to Flat File Conversions when the ...

I am converting xml to a flat file and I am running into problems. The good thing is I can get the data to show up exactly the way I want in the Flat File. The problem is I need to have mandatory records and fields and everything I tried so far has not worked. In the Flat File dictionary I made the fields mandatory and in the Flat File Schema I made the records mandatory and this did not generate any errors when I ran my process that used xml that did not have the mandatory fields. I added validators and that did not help. I also tried setting SignalError to “True” in the ConvertToString service but still no errors were generated. I’m running on IS 6-0-1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Because the file has blank/spaces filled for empty fields, validation for required fields is failing.

I have tried the following method.
1.Include a format service for all required field. This format service should nullify empty fields
2. Create a document from Flat File schema. Uncheck ‘Field must exit at run time’ checkbox for all required flieds
3. invoke pub.schema:validate and valid against FF document.
4. Then invoke convertToString.

Hope will help
UMG

Because the file has blank/spaces filled for empty fields, validation for required fields is failing.

I have tried the following method.
1.Include a format service for all required field. This format service should nullify empty fields
2. Create a document from Flat File schema. Uncheck ‘Field must exit at run time’ checkbox for all required flieds
3. invoke pub.schema:validate and valid against FF document.
4. Then invoke convertToString.

Hope will help
UMG

Thank you for the fast response. I will try this out.

It worked! Thanks again for the help.