load schema from .xsd file

Hi all,
I am very new to this ans was checking the editor demo. IT shows how we create scheamas that conform to TSD from scratch.

I was wondering how I could import my already built schema into the tamino server. How do I assign it under a collection?
All I’ve done is create an empty databse.

Thanks a lot, -jpal

Hi,

From your inputs I think you are looking for Impoprting XSD facility in editor as it is there in case of DTD. The solution for your problem is you open the XSD schema in Schema Editor and then transform the Schema to TSD. After transformation you can load the schema in Tamino. Hope this answers your query.

Best Regards,
Vipin Makode

Hi Vipin,
Thank you for the reply.
I tried to do the following steps as you suggested:

1) opened my schema file by clicking on the XSD tab and then File->open pointing to my [myschema].xsd

2) I clicked “Tools->Transformation->Convert to”
and only found 3 disabled options there.

Could you please tell me how do I do the transformation step you are talking about?

Thanks -jpal

Hi jpal,

Can you please send me the schema that you are trying? I will try to load it and transform and will let you know the steps for transformation.

Vipin Makode

Hi Vipin,
Not sure if it’s possible to send you all the schemas. The top level schema I’m working with has includes of other schemas, as well as those others. So we are talking about 44 schemas (xsd) files with total size of 944k.
Either way, if you want I can send you all these via email, if you send me your email addr.

I was thinking a tool with all these supposedly functioanlties should provide soem way easily doing the first simple task thou!~
-jpal

HI,
Attached please check a simple xsd file for transformation.

I don’t seem to be able to convert to TSD propriety schema? Something that an application this size w/ so many options (not to mention the price) should be able to provide real easily.

Thank you, -jpal
content.xsd (11.3 KB)