Limiting access to Tradiing network functionalities

Hi All,

We are using Trading Networks 7.1.2.

Currently our support team has access to entire Trading networks console functionalities. Is it possible to limit access to only Transaction management (viewing transactions, resubmitting)?

Also, what are the different accesses users have as part of the the three ACL groups TN Administrators, TN Partners and TN MWS users?

Thanks and Regards,
Ninad Patil

YEs you should start using the MWS UI for TN and create the group/role based access to what ever screens users can access etc…but you cannot directly via TNC.

Please review the MWS/IS administrators user guide on more info on the role based access.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for your response. I have gone through the documentation but still facing a lot of issues with setting up this access. First of all, we have to limit the access for support team for not just the TN related activities but other MWS accesses as well. When we add the Data Permissions for limiting the TN access, the user gets added to TN MWS Users role which has access to all other screens. I would like to know if limiting the access is possible and what all things I need

YES there is a way to limit access to the MWS UI screens…you should really check the MWS administrators user guide for more information and this involves various ACL edits in the IS and MWS via sys admin user.

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

Has any one tried restricting access using Data permissions. I have created a new role and specified Data permissions so that the Access to the MWS screens is limited, but it seems that some components of the page can be accessed only by the Administrators account.

When I try to access the transaction pages, I get access errors like below:

com.webMethods.portal.mech.access.PortalAccessException: [POP.003.0099] {0} cannot view this item.
at com.webMethods.portal.mech.view.impl.ViewableMechanics.checkView(ViewableMechanics.java:63)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.view.View.checkAccess(View.java:110)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.command.view.View.view(View.java:84)
at com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.biz.view.impl.ViewablePolicy.view(ViewablePolicy.java:52)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.portal.PortalItemModel.refresh(PortalItemModel.java:221)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.portal.PortalItemModel.getValue(PortalItemModel.java:160)
at com.webMethods.portlet.tn.utils.ConnectionInfo.getProtocol(ConnectionInfo.java:290)
at com.webMethods.portlet.tn.utils.ConnectionInfo.getUrl(ConnectionInfo.java:88)
at com.webMethods.portlet.tn.utils.TNSessionData.initWSBean(TNSessionData.java:73)
at com.webMethods.portlet.tn.utils.TNSessionData.getCustomDocAttributes(TNSessionData.java:84)
at com.webMethods.portlet.Wm_tnBean.getCustomDocAttributes(Wm_tnBean.java:1025)
at com.webMethods.portlet.wm_tn_ta_search.Wm_tn_ta_searchViewPage.initFieldTypes(Wm_tn_ta_searchViewPage.java:577)

I have tried adding these pages in proper permissions using sysadmin, but no help.Can anyone please help?

Thanks and REgards,
Ninad Patil

Please look this KC article from Empower similar issue but could lead a trace:
https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=074122-6519877&DSN=PIVOTAL&DST=TCD&HL=1&QUERY=POP.003.0099]&SessionID=110756461

HTH,
RMG