LDAP User Manager not initialized

Hi all,

I need your help.

I have no idea, why my production server once an hour catch this error. I do not configure any Ldap configuration in my user configuration.
My dev server is fine with the same sources and environment spec.

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0002.9001] LDAP User Manager not initialized
at wm.server.ldap.newSE(ldap.java:25)
at wm.server.ldap.newSE(ldap.java:28)
at wm.server.ldap.getSettings(ldap.java:141)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor160.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:407)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:643)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:243)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.PipelineProcessor.process(PipelineProcessor.java:171)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:303)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:34)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:371)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:547)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:384)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler._process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:254)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.InvokeHandler.process(InvokeHandler.java:101)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.handleRequest(HTTPDispatch.java:178)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:386)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:127)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

thank you for your help.

Kindly reach out to SAG support. They will suggest some engineering fix. However the message is harmless if you do not have any LDAP config setup.

Check what configuration is mentioned in your Integration Server Admin page at Security > User Management > LDAP Configuration. It should be Central Configuration.

Also check the JDBC pool CentralUsers if it is pointing to MWS schema.

At last check your user management page if Central configuration is configured. In Integration Server, you can either user Central configuration which connects to MWS or LDAP which connects to an LDAP provider. Its always good to use central configuration of MWS to avoid these errors.

Hello Junedi

We experience the same problem with IS 9.9 only. Even with a standalone IS and no LDAP configured, we continued to observe these error messages in the IS log hourly. We did find that by shutting down SoftwareAG Platform Manager (SPM), the error messages stopped.

We reported the problem to SAG in November 2015, and they replied with the following:

The ESB engineer explained the error is an unexpected behavior and recommended me to open an iTrac issue with R and D. IS_9.9_SPM_Fix2 will fix this problem. R and D recently updated the target release date; IS_9.9_SPM_Fix2 is due to release on March 21, 2016.

By the way, this error message though annoying and unacceptable does not cause problems.

1 Like

@all
Thanks for replying, that’s really helped me.

hi DCova ,

we have the same IS vertion. Thank you for your information and suggestion.

cheers.

Hi,

I agree with Farid.

Additional information
The external LDAP can then be defined in MWS under Directory Services.
Users of this Directory Service can be added to Roles which in turn can be added to ACLs in IS if users present in the LDAP should to be able to login to IS.

Additionally it might be worth to check the CommandCentral/SPM configuration if they require a LDAP connectivity too. As they have their own User Management Subsystem the LDAP connectivity needs to be configured separately to the one for MWS/IS.

BTW:
In which log file were the messages encountered?
IS server.log or SPM log?

Regards,
Holger

Hello Junedi

Earlier in this thread I explained that fix IS_9.9_SPM_Fix2 should fix the error you reported about your IntegrationServer 9.9 stand-alone system. Just to clarify, stand-alone means no Central User and no LDAP anywhere. In other words, no LDAP defined anywhere in your IS 9.9 implementation.

Last month (March 2016) SAG released the fix and I applied in to my 9.9 installation; it fixed the problem.

Regards

Hi DCova,

Yes, My problem was solved. thanks to SAG team for IS_9.9_SPM_Fix2.
Thanks for all your help.

Regards