LDAP config

Hello,

I just want to check if I missed something. See below.

I am using IS 96SP. I want to configure it to use AD via LDAP for user authentication. While I was reading the Admin guide I have found out that I need MWS installed in order to access the web UI for configuring IS LDAP.

To me this looks too much and inappropriate, I do not need MWS in my setup.

Regards,
Plamen

P.S. OMG why my avatar picture is resized with incorrect aspect ratio!? I look ridiculous!

While I was reading the Admin guide I have found out that I need MWS installed in order to access the web UI for configuring IS LDAP.

YES you need MWS UI for any LDAP configuration and users/roles etc.

Also in the IS 9.6 Admin pages are you still seeing this in the path?

Security > User Management > LDAP Configuration

Return to User Management
Edit LDAP Configuration

LDAP Configuration
Provider Central User Management

HTH,
RMG

:frowning:

Yes I still see that. Also the documentation for administering IS never said that it is required to use MWS for LDAP config.

I don’t know how SAG has made it working in 9.6 for configuring LDAP but we don’t need MWS in 9.5 for configuring LDAP

It can be done in IS Admin page only. There are many clients who don’t use MWS in their organization they should be allowed to configure through IS

Check with SAG once

Thanks
Sai

Plamen,

MWS is only required if you are doing a BPM or TN setup where you need a shared set of user/group definitions between MWS and IS.

– Tim

Thanks to all, I have managed to set this up.

Palamn,

Can you share us steps followed to manage this ?

Thanks,

MWS is the best solution (if you use more then 1 IS) for LDAP

But you can configure LDAP in IS. (webMethods integration server Administrator’s Guide)

To specify LDAP as the external provider

1 Open the Integration Server Administrator if it is not already open.
2 In the Security menu of the Navigation panel, click User Management.
3 Click LDAP Configuration.
4 Click Edit LDAP Configuration.
5 Next to Provider, select LDAP.
Integration Server issues a prompt to verify that you want to change the setting. Click
OK. If your Integration Server is configured to central user management, you must
disable it before you can configure LDAP.

MWS LDAP vs IS LDAP
For bigger setups it is highly recomanded to use MWS for central user management.
Point to remember: JDBC connection pool that points to the My webMethods Server database component

When using MWS you can set up a central user management and it gives the possebilitie to build ldap querys
for better performance + multiple LDAP is being supported in central user management.