Dear WM Gurus,
I am new to large file handling implementation where as my customer has ask us to do POC on large file handling with SAP Idocs to check our expertise on this matter.
So I like to understand how to design and develop processing of inbound/outbound processing of large file of SAP idocs.
System details SAP Adapter version 7.1 and WM 9.7 with OS AIX.
Large idoc with multiple segments greater than 20 K/hours
Questions my customer/sap support team is asking about large file processing on ESB layer as follows :-
- What is the max size of sap idocs ESB server can process ?
- Once sap idocs is trigger from sap system, How ESB server or How do you determine incoming idoc is large files?
- Explain high level business logic you write to handle large idocs file processing?
- In Outbound flow While sending idoc to SAP system, Will your ESB send all Idocs at a single thread or it will push 1 by 1 idoc at time in loop ?
- If any transient or network break down happen then how/ where do you store incoming large file for time being?
- How do you resubmit failed idocs?
- If file is large do you ESB server need to twerk memory/extended setting or JVM ?
Appreciate you response