JMS trigger is shutting down and resuming automatically

Hi Team,

I am frequently seeing below error in server logs but I have no clue. appreciate your comments/suggestions on this error to solve.

JMS trigger is shutting down because of exception: com.wm.app.b2b.server.jms.ResourceUnavailableException: javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating topic subscriber : java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks
Ravi.

NPE is a bug. At minimum, there should be a more meaningful error messages than NullPointerException.

Are you using Broker or UM? You can check Broker/UM Java Client fix readme and see if similar issue has been reported in past.
You can also check IS readme.

If you see issues resolved in fix readme, then apply latest fixes. If issue is not resolved, then report the issue as defect to Software AG support.

Thanks Sandeep for your reply. We are not getting more meaningful error message.
We are using UM and IS version 9.12.
This error from lower environments only and they are stand alone servers. QA and Prod servers are clustered.
As you suggest I will check readme and let you know if any thing that I can share.

Ravi.

I looked up UM fixes and found NUM_9.12.0_wM_Client_Fix15 that could be relevant to you.

It contains resolution for issue NUM-10063 JMS Trigger fails with java.lang.NullPointerException

JMS Trigger fails with java.lang.NullPointerException
The code logic to access some connection object was not thread safe causing
the NullPointerException.
This issue has been resolved.

2018-05-07 05:23:01 CEST [ISS.0134.0058E] JMS Trigger XXX is shutting down because of exception: com.wm.app.b2b.server.jms.ResourceUnavailableException: javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating topic subscriber : java.lang.NullPointerException

Sandeep Kumar, Thank you for this information about this fix. I am checking with my apps team on the latest fix which was applied recently.

Appreciate your support!

Thanks
Ravi .

Hi Ravi,

You must update to latest fix as this issue also required NUM-13212 (NUM_9.12_wM_Client_Fix_29)

"
UM sometimes throws a null pointer exception while creating a durable subscriber due to a race
condition.
This coding issue is now resolved."

Thank you very much Piyush for this information.

This topic was automatically closed after 1083 days. New replies are no longer allowed.