JDBCPools scheduler stuck at Next Run 0.0 - Active

Hello, i have a scheduler problem that stuck like Next Run 0.0 the status is Active when i switch my JDBCPools from embed to the new schema that have been created, before i’m using Embedded Database it was fine. Any idea what is the problem? i saw the scheduler is inserted on the IS_USER_TASK on the DB but its not running. Thanks

Please provide the Integration Server version and core fix details , Also confirm if the IS was restarted after the change.
Also confirm that by JDBC pools which functional alias you are referring to . (ISInternal or others)

1 Like

Hi Nagendra thanks for responding, the IS version is 10.1 and the update is IS_10.1_Core_Fix9,
Yes i did restarted the IS multiple-times after switching to DataDirect Connect JDBC Oracle Driver JDBCPools,
the Functional Alias that applied to JDBCPools is ISCoreAudit,ISInternal and Xref. Also after i checked Server Log, there are this message

and some weird error log

The error log has a checkbox , expand stack trace data, you can select that and refresh the page to get more information about the error than just “null”

I got this error after expanding the stacktrace, also i got information that the JDBCPools Schema is Copied from another Environment like SIT to UAT, is that possible to use this JDBCPools by only importing DB dmp?

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:542)
at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:766)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.TimeMigrator.checkDBLevel(TimeMigrator.java:103)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleDB.init(ScheduleDB.java:374)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleManager.run(ScheduleManager.java:173)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:127)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Unsure about the DB dmp question, but 10.1 Core Fix 9 is pretty old, you could check if the problem is resolved with newer core fixes.

the SIT environment used the same version 10.1 and same Core Fix9 updates of this UAT IS, but JDBCPools still works fine.

As a general approach to solving this, if both environments are the same, I would check the database contents, maybe someone has more pointers or has seen this before.
Note: not a DB expert :slight_smile: , no idea how to check two Databases.

1 Like

Hi,

additionally check if you have the latest Fixes for DB Configurator and DB Scripts installed to your Env and that they are applied to the DB schema.
These usually correlate with certain parts of the IS Core Fix and this should be documented in the Fix readme.

Scheduler is referring to ISInternal function. Error messages are using ISCoreAudit function.
XRef is not involved int this context.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

There are multiple possibilities, but I’d start with these -

  • Are both SIT and UAT using the same schema, or do they have their own?
  • Was UAT database setup from scratch, or did you restore a different environment’s database and repoint UAT to it?
  • Is the UAT schema used by more than one UAT node (i.e., some form of clustering)?
  • What is the Target Node on your faulty UAT scheduler(s)? Is it pointing to your UAT or Any Server?
  • Is your DNS → IP translation for IS and DB, functional?
  • Is your DB scripts fix level the same between UAT and SIT?

P.S - NumberFormatException seems to be a table issue in your context, so DB scripts is where I’d start.

KM

2 Likes

Hi,

when both are Oracle databases you can check the schemas (the definitions) with Oracle SQL Developer using schema diff.

For contents of the tables you will have to do this manually with Oracle SQL Developer while effort for this dependents on the size (number of rows) in the tables.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

A couple of observations

Also , the NumberFormatException could also be because there is a table which is expected to have a number in a column, but due to incomplete data it is empty and the application is not expecting an empty value.

2 Likes

Right, thanks for pointer, NP. I have used two environments against the same schema (although briefly) and didn’t have problems. However, this isn’t documented and I’m positive that it isn’t supported either.

As for the NFE, that is likely since this is a restored database from a different environment (probably with different DB script fix versions).

KM

1 Like

Hello Mr Kasi, we meet again and thanks for responding, yes you are right, this Schema is restored from SIT Environment Database but only the tables not the data, the only data i have on the schema is on the table IS_USER_TASK that inserted from schedulers i’ve made on UAT Environment. The target node is pointing specifically to my UAT server not Any Server.

I think the problems is the other tables have no data inserted, i think i need to correct the DB Script, i will let u know if the problem if solved

Vincent, we meet again :slight_smile:

Yes, install the latest fixes for DB scripts and DB configurator, and then set up your UAT DB from scratch. You can use Deployer to backup your current schedulers, but I strongly recommend creating them manually to avoid a similar format issue.

Happy to help; let us know if you succeed!

KM

1 Like

Thank u for information!