Jdbc suggestion

RMG - I was not aware that startTransactionInput\transactionName was copied to startTransactionOutput\transactionName. I must have missed that in the documentation. Thanks.

I’m working on webMethods 4.1.
I did an enhancement in an existing working integration . Addition of a field corresponding to target database.While testing I’m getting the following error through Adapter:notify event in the Document Tracker for an insert event (GBL_EOM_ORDER_COPY::eom::oracle::order_Header_I) -

#1-73 Received transaction document of type
“GBL_EOM_ORDER_COPY::eom::oracle::order_Header_I” outside of an active
transaction.

unicode_string adapterType = “oracle”;
unicode_string errorCategory = “Adapter”

The strange thing is that when i run the target OracleDb adapter in Debug mode, i dun get any error, but when i run the dapter in normal mode i again get the same error.

Please help me out.

hi,

I’m working on webMethods 4.1. I’m doing an enhancement in which a 40 digit STRING comes from the source and it needs to be converted into number on the target side . Is it psoosible to do the conversion anyhow.

thanks

Hi Ratnesh,

I guess u wrote it in a wrong thread. Please create a new one. Anyway write a java service for STRING to Number conversion and in a MAP step do a Transformer.

Thanks
Bibek

Hi Ratnesh,
There is a special sample package called “WmTransformationServices” available on advantage website under ‘samples’. This package has a lot of built-in services for data conversion between a lot of data types.
I hope this will help you. Also download the PSUtilies package which has a lot of useful services.

Regards,
Ramnish.

Hi All,

The same issue is happening with my code also.

I hardcoded the “transactionName” in the startTransactionInput and later I just mapped the startTransactionOutput–>transactionName to commitTransactionInput and rollBackTransactionInput.

While running the service, I get the error: “Unable to commit transaction. A transaction name must be specified”.
When I checked the pipeline, I could not find the startTransactionOutput though I did not drop that anywhere in the service.

After that I hardcoded the transaction name in all the 3 services, and it was working fine.

Could someone tell me why the startTransactionOutput was not showing up in the pipeline even when I did not drop that.

Regards
Jyoti

OK…Where did you put the startTransaction step in the very beginning of the flow before Try/catch sequence or inside the block?

HTH,
RMG

I assume the issue with the place holder of startTransaction. Make sure it is outside your main sequence and also I do not prefer hard coding the transactionName just map it at the document level and it should work like a charm.

Yes, its outside the MAIN sequence.
The problem that I observed while debugging, is that the startTransactionOutput is getting dropped when the control comes to MAIN sequence.
I tried to map the transactionName value to a temporary variable and use it in the commit and rollback, even that is getting dropped.
Tried to fetch the transaction name from config file, that is also getting dropped.
Hardcoding is only working perfectly.
Please comment.

Regards
Jyoti

Hi Jyoti,

please note/remember that explicit transactions cannot be debugged in Developer/Designer as this will break the transaction context.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Yes, I am aware of that. :slight_smile:
Here, by debugging I meant, while running the service in one go and checking the pipeline values, I could not find the transactionName variable.
Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
Jyoti

Do you mind sharing your code snippet package? to have a look at?

Looks strange to me, can you map it to a temporay variable and print it out using debugLog BIS or use tracePipeline service to see what is the result.