JDBC connection setup local IS to target IS

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Dev customer environment

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

1. I’m trying to create JDBC connection details via azure pipeline.
  2. I have local service development inside my window VM and is server is running with default port 5555.
  3. Created new flow services with JDBC connection details with sample DB, user records, after crating new flow services i have moved package to local service development via Designer.
  4. I connected localhost:5555 i can able to see newly created JDBC adapter details i can able edit or view newly created connection and i don’t see any error logs inside server.log.

1. here the property JDBC adapter, note my SQL server is up and running in my local windows VM.
Connection Type	webMethods Adapter for JDBC Connection
Package Name	DEVOPS_JDBC_CON
Connection Properties
Transaction Type	NO_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class	com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource
Server Name	db-server-name
User	sa
Password	******
Database Name	devops_db
Port Number	1433
Network Protocol	
Other Properties	
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling	true
Minimum Pool Size	1
Maximum Pool Size	10
Pool Increment Size	1
Block Timeout (msec)	1000
Expire Timeout (msec)	1000
Startup Retry Count	0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec)	10
Heart Beat Interval (sec)	0 
  1. few lines about local host server log about last transaction
2022-11-21 12:46:19 IST [SCC.0126.0200I] SCC ConnectionManager pool connection:devops_db started 
2022-11-21 13:53:39 IST [SCC.0126.0201I] SCC ConnectionManager pool connection:devops_db stopped 
2022-11-21 13:54:28 IST [SCC.0126.0200I] SCC ConnectionManager pool connection:devops_db started 

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

1. After verifying localhost i will check-in my staged file into my local repository to azure repository.
  2. Finally i will run azure pipeline to build and deploy IS package along with JDBC connection and also i can see some warning message while running ant build.
2022-11-21T06:06:35.4658130Z generate-composites:
2022-11-21T06:06:37.1083949Z      [java] [11/21/22 6:06 AM][MESSAGE] ispackage.ispackage: Starting to read packages Tests,DEVOPS_JDBC_CON,config,db. 
2022-11-21T06:06:37.1084817Z      [java] [11/21/22 6:06 AM][MESSAGE] ispackage.ispackage: Starting to read package [Tests]. 
2022-11-21T06:06:37.1085366Z      [java] [11/21/22 6:06 AM][MESSAGE] ispackage.ispackage: [Tests] is not an Integration Server package. 
2022-11-21T06:06:37.1085985Z      [java] [11/21/22 6:06 AM][MESSAGE] ispackage.ispackage: Starting to read package [DEVOPS_JDBC_CON]. 
2022-11-21T06:06:37.1086657Z      [java] [11/21/22 6:06 AM][WARNING] artconnection.connection:devops_db: Passman store not initialized or unknown handle: password.connection:devops_db 
2022-11-21T06:06:37.1087355Z      [java] [11/21/22 6:06 AM][MESSAGE] ispackage.ispackage: Completed creation of ACDL and binary for a package [DEVOPS_JDBC_CON]. 
  1. After the deployment i will go my target IS server http://dev-server.com/5555 then i will expand web method Adapater for JDBC connection from UI page then i can able to see new package has been created via azure pipeline, but when i’m click view or Edit option i’m getting error like below.
[ART.118.5008] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get properties for connection connection:devops_db.
[ART.118.5016] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get configured values for connection manager.
java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Yes

Can you please some one help me on this.

Hi Palanisamy,

remember that whenever adapter connections are to be deployed they should be in disabled state, otherwise the variable substitution will take quite long or even fail.

On the other side, connections generally should never be deployed but always created and maintained locally in a dedicated package on the different targets to avoid issues with the password storage passman as your log files above are indicating.
Your implementation packages can then use this package as a dependency (remember to mark this dependency in the package properties to set the correct load order of the packages).

Regards,
Holger

let say target environment JDBC connection always should be create manually, in future in case any JDBC properties values need to be change that can be taken care by VS substitution using CI/CD pipeline?

Hi,

I have made the observation, that we only had to adjust some values in the connections in very rare cases so we were able to manage this manually.

Regards,
Holger

Hi @Holger_von_Thomsen I’m new to the webmethod set-up for CI&CD if i understand correctly VS substitution only purpose of database connection implementation or we can achieve it any other items using VS substitution.

Thanks,
Devops Team

Hi,

ideally VS should be possible for any adapter connection as well as certain IS configs like ports defined in the packages.
See Deployer Users Guide for further informations on VS.
VS is part of the Map definition step.
Unfortunately adapter listeners (esp. for the SAP Adapter) are not fully supported

Regards,
Holger

Hi @Holger_von_Thomsen Just want to understand based on the error java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String why this error is reported inside the server log because of CI/CD, if yes CI CD pipeline not breaking any config files, if human can able to create JDBC connection then Pipeline also able to create it right. kindly help me if its possible.

I’m not sure which config file i need load to fix the above issue, i have verified my target IS server, i can able to list all the files.
config/txnPassStore.dat
config/empw.dat
config/configPassman.cnf
config/passman.cnf

There is a deploy.properties located in parent installation directory which should have your connection details and you have to create this through devops script to feed target details, when the target server comes up it will pick the details from here.
Passman.cnf would hold your connection password.

Just for verification, just copy this file to your target and restart your server, it should be active.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.