JDBC Connection error with Exasol

*WmJDBCAdapter used and *JDBC_9.0_Fix8 - on 9.8 but will be trying on 10.15 soon

Error enabling jdbc connection with Exasol database

*Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource uuBsSharedStatusUpdatesConns.connections:exasol.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource*

I’ve installed exajdbc.jar in to the WmJDBCAdapter jars folder

I’ve tried a couple of different approaches re:config set up (and variations of these), but no success yet.

JDBC | Exasol DB Documentation

Hi Jonathan,

as the error message indicates the Driver class cannot be used with the JDBC Adapter package, as it cannot be directly casted to base java DataSource class.

Please try to connect using the EXADataSource class instead.
This information can be found in the Exasol driver documentation you have already referenced above under the chapter “Supported Interfaces”.

The config variant in the first screenshot should be the preferred one as it is easier to maintain.

Regards,
Holger

2 Likes

Hi, i had thought that , but also got

Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource uuBsSharedStatusUpdatesConns.connections:exasol. [ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager. com.exasol.jdbc.EXADataSource cannot be cast to javax.sql.DataSource

But then i was assured by our Exasol team that it was the EXADriver that was needed. Thanks for your response, i’ll keep plodding on! :slight_smile:

Hi Jonathan,

hopefully, you have access to Exasol support team. In this case, report this issue to them to get this verified why the ExaDataSource class is not implementing or extending the javax.sql.DataSource class.

If this is not possible, you willl have to fall back to WmDB package, which works with the Driver class and not with the DataSource class.

Regards,
Holger

Hi, i have now got it configured on 10.15 with the following set up and the connection enables. Thanks for your help.

1 Like