JDBC Adapter setup to connect to Oracle database

Hi Guys,

I am a brand new webMethods developer, I have only been able to work with the product for 2 days. I currently need to setup a JDBC connection to an Oracle database. Are there any resources online that could give me a step by step setup including examples of the configuration that needs to be done?

Hi Hadley,

you should take a look at JDBC Adapters Installation and Users Guide.
Please be aware that there are currently three differen versions available depending on your IntergrationServer version.

If your are running on a recent version (9.8 and newer) you can use the bundled datadirect driver to connect to the database.
If not you need to download the appropriate ojdbc.jar from Oracle TechNet (free registration required) and place it under IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars.
Reload the WmJDBCAdapter package afterwards.

The x in the jar file name above indicates the JVM version the jar was build with. It will not work in JVMs with lower versions.

Now you should be able to configure the connection via IS Admin UI.

Please provide IntegrationServer and JDBC Adapter version.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks so much for coming back to me.

The integration server is: 9.12.0.0

The JDBC version is JDBC_9.10_Fix3.

However in my clicking around I found that I was able to setup and oracle data source with access to the db I need to acces and I can execute sql statements. However I am not sure how to use this in a flow service or any other service for that matter.

I know my questions are rudementary please excuse them, I havent yet been on training or anything so hopefully once i’ve been (next week) I should know a little bit more.

Thanks for your help and quick response

Hi Hadley,

after creating the AdapterConnection in JDBC Adapter you will have to create the appropriate adapter services for this connection.

These AdapterServices can then be used in flow services.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

When I use the built in driver: com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver

I get the following error: Could not connect: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]This driver is locked for use with embedded applications.

Hi Hadley,

sounds strange as with one of the wM 9.x (x > 5) Release I thought that usage of this driver is be allowed for JDBC Adapter too.

Was this reverted now?

Alternatively you can use JDBC Driver available from Oracle TechNetwork.
When running on JVM 8 and newer you can use the driver for Version 12.1.0.2.
For lower JVM versions go for Version 12.1.0.1.
The Jar-Files are named ojdbc.jar, where x indicates the minimum JVM version the driver will be working with.

Regards,
Holger