Javaservice to add two numbers

Any One guide me how to write a javaservice to add two numbers

The simplest way is to call pub.math:addInts or addFloats in your FLOW service. No need to use Java for this.

Hello,

Yemi Bedu

Thanks for the Replies.
I am more of a Javaguy and want to develop custom services using Developer IDE ,But my IDE says “Failed to Compile Service” and i changed the to

watt.server.compile=C:\Program Files\webMethods6\jvm\win142\bin\javac -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}
watt.server.compile.unicode=C:\Program Files\webMethods6\jvm\win142\bin\javac -encoding Unicode -classpath {0} -d {1} {2}

but still i am unable to compile my service.

can u please help

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0026.9102] Service ‘JavaServices:JavaAdd’ is not operational. To run this service, first recompile the Java source. Stack trace data … 9ddc228061dc11da8f41ebbe18e03238 NULL 9ddc228061dc11da8f41ebbe18e03238
2005-11-30 13:54:55 CST JavaServices:JavaAdd com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ISS.0026.9102] Service ‘JavaServices:JavaAdd’ is not operational. To run this service, first recompile the Java source.

These are the two errors i see on my server

Reddy,

You will see the error,when the java service is not complied but it saves in the developmer javaservice.So please make sure the java service is complied and class will be created internally,you will not see the error again.

Execute the java service on the IS OS level if the JVM is not installed on your client developmer machine.

HTH,
RMG

Make some meaningless change to the service (delete a ; and then type it back in) and save. That should compile the service for you.

“I am more of a Javaguy and want to develop custom services using Developer IDE…”

I’ll offer this piece of advice: resist the urge to write Java services. You’ll want to develop Java services because you know how to write Java but you’ll be far better off in the long run if you stick mostly with FLOW. There are a couple of threads on this forum that talk about this a little. Writing FLOW services has a learning curve but it is definitely worth the effort.

Hello,

Yemi Bedu

Thanks Seniors,

I am a confused lili bit regarding the path to choose to excel in the field of Integration ,I have learnt Mq,Message Broker ,tibco Ems and webMethods and just been out of college.I have not worked in any company till now but got softwares and been practising them.

now i am starting to search for a job and I dont want to get stuck in any of these for rest of my life and want to become an EAI architect in future.

most of the jobs are consulting or permanent and they stuck on one tool in their enterprise.

i want your advices on what best i can do to become an architect.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Yemi Bedu