java.sql.DataTruncation error when using pub.db:call build i

Group,

I have been using IS for years to integrate to older ERP systems by passing flat files back and forth. However, now I am confronted with a database connection and am encountering an error I don’t understand.

When I invoke the pub.db:call build in service, I get the following in the server’s error log:

java.sql.DataTruncation: Data truncation
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.testDataTruncation(AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.java:2861)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.setValue(AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.java:2827)
at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.setString(AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.java:2477)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JDBCHelpers.setParameter(JDBCHelpers.java:335)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JDBCConnection.call(JDBCConnection.java:526)
at pub.db.call(db.java:106)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:294)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:344)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.BaseService.invoke(BaseService.java:153)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowInvoke.invoke(FlowInvoke.java:324)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invokeNode(FlowState.java:577)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.step(FlowState.java:435)
at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invoke(FlowState.java:400)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.FlowSvcImpl.baseInvoke(FlowSvcImpl.java:1740)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:344)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:97)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:167)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:204)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I know the connection and driver are okay because I have used them to invoke another stored procedure on this db.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Randy

Normally this error suggest that there is a field level constraint on a column(s). Check table schema and the data and make sure that you are not trying to insert a value (data) that is larger than the column can accept.