Issue with logging in to the forums when already being logged in to Empower

Hi,

I am recently noticing problems with login to the forum system when I am already logged in to Empower in the same browser, but different tab.

When clicking the “Log in” Button it is telling me that it is logging me out from Empower instead of taking me into the forum overview.

When opening the forum in a fresh browser instance without being logged in to Empower I am able to login to the forums by using my SAG VIP-Pass credentials.

Can you check and hopefully fix this?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,
Sorry for that. I also noticed it today. Can you please tell me if it happened in previous days for you?
I’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

Hi Toni,

yes I had observed this for several days this week, not quite sure if it already happend last week.
Seems to be Browser independent as I checked with Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,
Just wanted to let you know that this should work again now. Please let me know if you are able to login via Empower normally.
And sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Toni,

logging in the forums with empower credentials is possible, but requires to enter them separately even when having an active empower session in another tab of the browser open.

Before the issue came up, it was possible to just click the Login-Button and the active empower session was used behind the scenes.

Regards,
Holger

Just a small add to this one.

When there is an active Empower session the forums ask for Empower credentials, and when there is no active Empower session, the forums ask for VIP Pass credentials.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger,
Found the issue. Should have the fix soon. For now you can use this log in link - it will log you into Empower, Brainstorm and Tech Community at once.

1 Like

Hi Holger,

You probably have noticed it already, but the user login in Empower has been changed and now the login to Tech Community/forum should work as before (but you need still to click login).

1 Like

Hi Toni,

thanks for the update.

I can live with the fact that I have to click the Login button as long as it is using the existing credentials when being already logged in to Empower.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like