IS won't start - No logs!

Hello.

I’m trying to start our Integration Server 10.3, but when I run “startup.sh” file nothing happens. It simply starts a java process that runs for some seconds and get killed from nothing.

In server.log it’s only the last shutdown messages. Nothing more.

Where should I check to discover where this issue is happening?

This is what I have found in /bin/logs/server.out file:

Checking is started…
Software AG Integration Server 10.3 (default) is not running.
Starting daemon using Tanuki Wrapper…
Starting Software AG Integration Server 10.3 (default)…
wrapper | Base configuration file is /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/configuration/wrapper.conf
wrapper | Found #include file in /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/configuration/wrapper.conf: %OSGI_INSTALL_AREA%/configuration/wrapper-license.conf
wrapper | After environment variable replacements: /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/configuration/wrapper-license.conf
wrapper | Reading included configuration file, /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/configuration/wrapper-license.conf
wrapper | Found #include file in /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/configuration/wrapper.conf: %OSGI_INSTALL_AREA%/configuration/custom_wrapper.conf
wrapper | After environment variable replacements: /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/configuration/custom_wrapper.conf
wrapper | Reading included configuration file, /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/configuration/custom_wrapper.conf
Waiting for Software AG Integration Server 10.3 (default)…
running: PID:454065

Thank you

Hi Renan,

Try to start the Integration server using the below path

/IntegrationServer/instances/default/bin/startup.sh -d

In debug mode, you should be able to figure out the issue or error being thrown by IS. Simultaneously tail the server.logs or error.log inside /IntegrationServer/instances/default/logs folder.

Hope all the pre-requisite is taken care of with respect to initial Installation setup like DB pools, required fix installations, etc.

Regards,
Firoz N

1 Like

Can you please check if anything in logs located under profiles/IS_default/logs directory?

Thanks,
-Kalpesh.

Hello All.

I managed to solve the issue.

For some reason, I was only able to start the IS with sudo.

I started with sudo and it worked.

But, I know that isn’t recommended to start as sudo. So, I ran the command ‘sudo chown [myuser] -R [myWebMethodsRootFolder]’ and, after this process, I could start correctly the integration server without any issue.

Thank you guys!

2 Likes

please also check the wrapper.log file in your /WebM/IS01/profiles/IS_default/logs folder.
It should explain why the IS does hang on start. The fact you get an PID like 454065 is promising.
Not writing server log can have various reasons. DiskFull or wrong access rights on the files or folders to only name two.
That the start works now with “sudo” supports this later case. e.g. accidentally starting IS once as root can cause such problems. You would have to take it down again and fix all access rights.