Is there is any way to read data from SFTP location?

Hi,
I need to read data from csv file which was placed in sftp server.
Is there is some inbuilt feature to read the data file from that location?

Hi Himanshu,

when running on wM 9.5 or newer, there is a built-in feature to connect to external SFTP Server and get the file from there.

See IS Administrators Guide and IS Built-In-Services Reference (pub.client-Folder) for further informations.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks As of now I have created an Agent, but main issue is with agent is some body need to monitor and second is the data file which we have received from the plant contains 36500 lines of data in each file and we have found such file in each 15 Minutes. so putting one by one is not a fisible way…

Are you able to suggest me what i need to do in such case?

If you only want to view a CSV file or want to work with it as an extended page, your job is done here. However, many CSV files are designed to be used in other software. Whether you got your contacts from Google Contacts or extracted a long list of data from a database, you still want to import them into other software that supports it.

You must specify your CSV file format based on the source software and your destination software. For example, Google Contacts can export your contact list based on Google CSV (usable in Google Contacts) or Outlook CSV (usable in Microsoft Outlook). Either way you will get a CSV file that contains some data, but there will be a slight difference in how you organize it.

In your destination software, look for the “Import” or “Import CSV” option, which allows you to import a CSV file. For example, in Microsoft Outlook software, you can follow the path below to import the list of contacts you want through a CSV file.

If the data read from SFTP server as a CSV format is needed to be used for further processing in IS, you should check for the FlatFile processing feature in WmFlatFile package which also has an option large file processing.

In this you will have to define the structure in FlatFile Schema, Dictionary and DocType to parse the CSV file after reading it and retrieve a document structure IS can use for further operations.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1083 days. New replies are no longer allowed.