IS package with config ACL deployment

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

customer dev environment

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

1. We’re developing local service development, each developer have configured with own local host IS server its running with default port.
  2. we hosted our git repository in Azure portal.
  3. Each developer will do their work from own feature branch and they will create pull request to merge the changes into develop branch in azure repository.
  4. Inside azure.pipeline.yaml I have created script to build IS package as well config as well.
  5. Lets assume, i have created one new package and that package is deployed into target server using azure pipeline.
  6. After deploying package into target server i can able to see the newly deployed package into my target server IS UI page.
  7. when I’m trying to browse the package (which i newly deployed),I’m getting ACL error, please refer the below image for reference.

can you please some one guide me how to fix this issue, what is the best practice to avoid this type of issue in future when we are working new & existing package implementation.

When we are doing checking the IS package do we need check-in any config file as well, if yes please let me know what are the file do we need to modify.

Thanks,
Devops Team

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

NA

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Yes

Yes, you need to check-in the ACL files from the config directory. In my Git repo, I have the following folder structure:
– source
— packages
— config

In the packages directory, you will find the IS packages. In the config directory, you will find config files that are currently being deployed by my pipeline (e.g. aclmap_sm.cnf for Execute ACL deployment, globalVariables.cnf for global variables, server.cnf for server settings, etc).

When executing the ABE build script, I set build.source.dir to the source directory and ABE finds the packages and the config files.

Hope this helps,
Percio

1 Like

Hi @Percio_Castro, Yes i have similar directory setup, But still when I’m working with existing service, Let assume i have edited one existing service then i did checked-in into my azure repository. After the deployment when i’m browsing the deployed package not able to browse services getting error like (Cannot perform operation without List ACL privileges on devops:flow_1)

I have attached build logs, please help me if its possible.
build.log (16.0 KB)

Do you have acllist.cnf in your repo? Is the ACL associated with that service a custom ACL? If so, do you also have acls.cnf in your repo? When you look at these config files in the target IS, do you see the expected configuration (i.e. is the custom ACL in acls.cnf and is the List ACL for the service properly set?) If so, is the user that you’re logged in as part of that ACL in the target server?

Percio

Yes i have two files inside my git repo, i have attached here as well, and note same file exist in target IS server config path location as well.

In target server server all SAG installation done by specific application user called (sms-user) when i’m login into sag IS server UI page i will use username and password as default only Administrator/manage.
repo3.zip (1.7 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.