Is my approach to writing conditions and mapping correct?

Is my approach to writing conditions and mapping correct? if iam heading in the wrong way, please advise me on how to proceed further.

From the partial screenshots that I can see, it seems correct! I am also sharing the main documentation link with you which you can refer as well: Welcome - webMethods.io Integration

Also, just so you don’t waste time looking for your use-case in the documentation, here’s the link to Flow services development guide inside the main doc which has details about conditional statements and pipeline mapping: FlowServices - webMethods.io Integration

1 Like

Lemme know if this has been helpful or if you need more help! :smiley:

Hello Kranthi,

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve here ? from screenshots it looks good but need to understand the implementation a bit more to provide concrete solution.

Regards,
Bharath

1 Like

Actually, I’m converting XML to flatfile, but I tried mapping XML Pro to Flatfile Pro and it didn’t work. Could you please explain how to write mapping conditions? It would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Kranthi

Thanks saifuddin, but it’s not helpful because I’ve already gone through those documents based on that. I mapped, but it didn’t work. Would you please provide more information about converting XML/EDI to flatfile…how to write the conditions…is there any example that would be useful to me?

Hi Kranthi,

please provide the complete document structures for both types (XML/EDI & FlatFile).

For me your condition looks a bit weird as you are trying to compare a field in the XML with a field in the Flatfile, which will not work when the fields are empty.

Are you sure that you receive the XML as a Stream?
Usually this will be a XML String.

Therefore I agree with Barath, that we need more details about your logic for understanding and further assistance.

Regards,
Holger

If you need help with your specific use case, please provide the complete details of what you’re trying to implement plus complete screenshots. We will sort this out for you don’t worry!

1 Like

Please find attached screenshots

Thanks,
kranthi

Can you also show us what is the error that you’re seeing? You can also export the flow service and share here and we can check what the issue could be.

1 Like

Not an error, however once I map XML pro to flatfile pro No. Pro no data does not populate the flatfile.

Hi Kranthi,

can you share the details of the “Transform Pipeline” Step please?

Additionally, I would prefer a dedicated MAP-Step for mapping from the XML structure to the FlatFile structure and then map the final FlatFile document to the input of convertDocumentToFlatFile service.
This will make it easier to maintain it instead of the quite complex mapping when doing it on the convertDocumentToFlatFile service invocation.

Can you explain how the EDI-XML is coming into your service (how the httpRequestOutput is created)?

Regards,
Holger

Can you export the project where the flow service is and share?

Hi Holger,

Transfor pipeline used for sending from and to date and adding required fields for url, such as invtype,datetype, and so on, so that encoded url…and retrieving XML data from provided url and transforming XML to flatfile. We created our own flatfile schema.
1-

2-

Thanks,
Kranthi

Hi Saifuddin, i can’t export the project since it contains sensitive information.

Hi,

Once I map XML Pro to Flatfile Pro, no. Pro no does not populate in the flatfile schema. pls see the attached screenshot

1-

2- output

Hello, does anyone have a solution?.It would be helpful to provide atleast one related example along with mapping conditions.

Hi Kranthi,

are you sure that you are receiving some data from httpRequest invocation?
Which option did you choose for the loadAs field?
Depending on the option you specify here, your will be either in body/bytes or in body/stream.
When using stream, remember to close the stream manually when you are done with reading data, otherwise the connection use by httpRequest will remain open potentially leading to a connection pool exhaustion.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Yes, data from a http request was received. I choose Load as Stream.

For example, is there an example of how to write conditions and mapping? Could you please provide one?It would be helpful.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks,
Kranthi

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.