Unable to create parseable xml file

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Integration Server

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Free Trial

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I’m trying to parse xml file to my service but it is saying , “Unable to parse”
so that i’m trying to convert my xml file to convert another xml file which is parse able.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

new1.xml (4.2 KB)

hi
i am trying to convert an xml file to parseable xml file. could you please help me to identify where i’m going wrong.
advance thanks for your help

@hmafzal It would be helpful if you provide all the details

• What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?
  • Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?
  • What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.
  • Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.
  • Have you installed latest fixes for the products

And let me know in detail what do you mean by XML file to parseable XML, probably if you can provide a use case we could help you. Thanks

Regards,
Sree

1 Like

Hi Sreekanth
Thanks
I’m using a free trial version as i’m new to WM
I’m trying to parse xml file to my service but it is saying , “Unable to parse”
so that i’m trying to convert my xml file to convert another xml file which is parse able.
I will greatly appreciate your help
Regards
hmafzal

Hi @hmafzal
I would agree with Sreekanth , the problem is unclear.
Can you provide more details on these

What is the exact input provided to service xmlStringToXMLNode in step 1 of your flow?
What is the expected output from documentToXMLString in step 3?
If you already have an xmlString as an input , then you can directly save that as a file , I’m wondering why you need to pass it through the different services?

Which step of the flow are you seeing this error in? Is it in the first step?

-NP

1 Like

Would you be able to attach the source XML file here?

Thanks,
Sree

new1.xml (4.2 KB)

this is the source file i’m trying to parse
but its Unable to parse

i want to make this file able to parse
Regards
hmafzal

Did you check the validity of this XML? A simple validation of this XML is pointing errors in it. Probably, you will have correct the source XML and then everything should work as expected. Please give it a try.

Thanks,
Sree

I’m afraid it is still unclear what you are trying to do with the flow that you’ve mentioned in the first post of this topic

If you already have an xml string, I do not see the benefit of passing that to xmlStringToNode, followed by xmlNodeToDocument, then documentToXMLString, is this only to try out the public services, or is there a different usecase that you are trying.
After passing a valid XML, do reach out if you need more help.

-NP

The problem is at line number 2, removing the @ and having "catalog xmlns:version=“1.0"”, then I am able to parse the document like a charm! Let me know if this helped.

Thanks,
Sree

1 Like

Thanks a lot
Its working now
Regards
hmafzal

1 Like

hi Sreekanth
could you please look at these two xml files, one is parse able the other is not, what i am looking is how to convert the non-parse able xml file to parse able xml file.
Regards
hmafzal
parseable.xml (1.3 KB)

nonparseable.xml (4.4 KB)

Thanks

could you please check out my last reply

I do not see any problem in providing both the files as input to the services you provided and it is working as expected.
Maybe now is the time you will have to provide more details on the error you are facing. Give us the detailed error message, screenshots, pipeline, all that could help us analyze if there is really an issue.

Thanks,
Sree

1 Like

Hi,

the nonparseable.xml is considered a regular xml, which can be used as payload in WebServices (i.e. via SOAP_WS).
The parseable.xml is an internal representation of an IS pipeline document which should not be exposed to external partner systems.

Therefore I would like to ask you to provide some more details what you want to achieve with these xml files.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

@Holger_von_Thomsen I clarified the doubts on the message he had sent to me. Things are working as expected now. :grinning:

1 Like

thanks to all
you guys are amazing
keep the good work
Regards
hmafzal

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.