Is it possible to change the Connection being used by a JDBC

Hello all,
Let me know if its at all possible to change the connection being used by a JDBC adapter service. I have a bunch of JDBC services and do not wish to recode them. I just want to use a new connection. The new database will have the tables etc being used by the JDBC adapter services.
Thanks

If you are using IS 6.1 with ADK 6.1, there is a feature in the developer to change the connection alias of an adapter service.

Otherwise, with IS 6.0.1 or IS 6.1 without ADK 6.1, there is no wM supported solution if I am not wrong (have not seen or heard about it).
But here at STC, we developed a simple package that can do that and we have used it and it works. It goes through the node.ndf file of the adapter service, parses it, base64 decodes the adk info in it and changes the alias. Give me your email so I can send it to you if you want.

Regards
riad

Great. Please send it at RakeshDubey@irco.com

webMethods supplies a service to do this:

pub.art.service:setAdapterServiceNodeConnection

I dont see the pub.art.service:setAdapterServiceNodeConnection service on my IS. I see pub.art.transaction:***** only.

Hi Riad,

would you be please so kind to post your solutiion for this to the shareware section of www.wmusers.com?

This will help all of us, not only those who are reading this thread and requesting it from you.

BTW: The mentioned Service is only available for IS 6.1.
When using IS 6.0.1, you will probably check out Riads solution.

Regards,
Holger

Please forward this package to dhoward@suncor.com

Many thanks,
Debbie

pub.art.service:setAdapterServiceNodeConnection service is available under WmART package but please keep in mind that this package WmART is shipped to customers as part of JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 version by webMethods. By just replacing the WmART package separately on top of JDBC Adapter 6.0.2 or 6.0.1 is not a good option. It is better to upgrade the JDBC Adapter to the latest version.

Cheers,
Muthu.

To clarify the availability of the pub.art.service:setAdapterServiceNodeConnection service, it is available with the Integration Server version 6.1, not earlier versions. Additionally, the WmART package is delivered as part of the Integration Server, not part of the adapter, and versions of it cannot be swapped between different versions of the Integration Server. So to get access to the pub.art.service:setAdapterServiceNodeConnection service, you will need to upgrade the server to version 6.1, not the adapter.

-David O.

Riad,

Please forward this package to jrajagopal@intiqua.com

We have another issue in the JDBC adapter services where the database schema names needs to be changed in production environment. Right now we are doing this manually after importing into production by recoding the service which a risky way of doing.
If this package can be enhanced to change service schemas also which will be very helpful for the webMethods development community.

I believe this option is also available in JDBC Adapter 6.0.3 FP1.

Could you please send me the same package at vvicky72@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Vikas

Would you mind sending the package to kvance@innotrac.com too? Thanks a lot.

Hi Riad …

pls forward the package to abhijit.yadav@wipro.com

We need it frequently.

Thanks.

Hi Riad

Can you pls forward the package to rajamani.muniappan@accenture.com

Thank you
Rajamani Muniappan