Integration Server does not start

I donwloaded evaluation copy of Integration Server and Developer and installed them in window 2000. Installation was pretty smooth and no error message appearred. All of default options of installtion were followed.

After installation, starting Integration server from start menu. No error message but did not see server up because developer complained that ‘Can not open session to host “localhost:5555”’. So go to command line and run server.bat, go error message
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\webMethods\Inte
grationServer4\jvm\lib\rt/jar;C:\Program

Any suggestion or clue to resolve the problem?

Thanks

If you have a file in the server root i.e. C:\webMethods\IntegrationServer4
that is only one character delete or move it.

This has caused my IS server to not startup before.

Good luck

Thanks!
It is not the my case. The server has only a log file and some pdf file. Any other ideas?

Look in server.bat for the classpath definition that includes the string:

"Program Files\webMethods\IntegrationServer4\jvm\lib\rt/jar;C:\Program

There should be double quotes around the entire classpath in order to keep the classpath with embedded white space as one parameter to the JRE.

Is this the EWS Bundle eval?
Did you just download it?
Strange that this bug wouldn’t have been found by every user.

Hi,
Generally you will get this error"Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:"
when the Java Classpath is not set properly,we got this kind of error in Enterprise Server,if you go to CLASSPATH,ALTCLASSPATH and set the Location of JDK kit/bin directory it should solve thee problem.
Example:CLASSPATH :: C:\jdk1.3.1_02\bin
-SUDHAKAR PUTTA