Integration Server 46 FTP Polling does not work

Hello,

I want to send a text file via FTP to the Integration Server. I’ve written a Flow which has ffdata as binary Input Variable.

If I connect to the flow via FTP and poll the textfile I got the following error message from the IS:
“150 Binary mode data connection for orders.txt (127.0.0.1,1029).
550 [B2BSERV.0071.9014] Server Error: [B2BSERV.0086.9167] stream is a required field”

It seems, that ffdata has not been set with the datastream I send via ftp to the flow.

Exactly the same flow does work correctly on IS 6.01 and 6.1.

Perhaps the name of the input variable ffdata is not the same as in IS 6.x ???

In IS 4.6 the input variable should be node (stream) object.
please try this.It will work.

HTH,

Hi HTH,

node does not work. I´ve already tried it out. The node object is used for polled xml documents only.

Regards,
Steven.

please also try with (content) stream object.yes Node is totally used for receving XML files.

HTH.

Pls also try with (contentStream)variable and in the flow service first step would be streamToBytes.

Thanks,

Hi RMG,

thank you. This works with binary data!

Steven.

thats Cool…yes while FTPing we need to have transfermode=binary.

BTW finally what is the input that you have used?

Regards,

I’ve used a text file that comes from an external System. This file will be transferred automatically via ftp from the external system to the Integration Server. The text file contains data to be faxed and has the file extension .fax

It’s sort of weird, that the file extension ‘.fax’ results in the IS error “553 ‘file23290.fax’: cannot write”. I must rename the extension into txt, xls or somewhat else, before ftp uploading the file into the IS.

Regards,
Steven.

webMethods IS can accept even .txt or .dat files.(text/plain).
So is still the problem exists?

Regards,

The problem is solved, because I rename the file extension to .txt before polling it to the IS.

Regards,
Steven.

you could also set MIME.type to solve
“553 ‘file23290.fax’: cannot write”
issue
IS can accept any file extension as long as you set the MIME type for the server to recongize. contentStream is the object for your content handler.