Installing MWS in trial 10.7

Hi All, I am not able to start the MWS in trial 10.7, while using DB Component Configurator for windows I am getting exceptions.
So I am trying to use command prompt and executing the below command
dbConfigurator.bat -a catalog -d oracle -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=xe;-u system -p tiger
to list the catalog of existing components I am getting the exception as below

C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\bin>dbConfigurator.bat -a catalog -d oracle -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=xe;-u system -p tiger
user log: C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\logs\dcc.log
developer log: C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\logs\log-20210525035849.txt
dcc version: 10.7.0.0000-0034

action: catalog
products:
(none specified)
components:
(none specified)
error: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]Unable to connect. Invalid URL. If you are using an IPv6 address, please ensure that the address is bounded by left and right brackets. Ex: jdbc:datadirect:driver://[fe70::201:54ff:fe87:afd2%ce1]:50000;databaseName=DBNAME
error.message: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]Unable to connect. Invalid URL. If you are using an IPv6 address, please ensure that the address is bounded by left and right brackets. Ex: jdbc:datadirect:driver://[fe70::201:54ff:fe87:afd2%ce1]:50000;databaseName=DBNAME
report 0: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver]Unable to connect. Invalid URL. If you are using an IPv6 address, please ensure that the address is bounded by left and right brackets. Ex: jdbc:datadirect:driver://[fe70::201:54ff:fe87:afd2%ce1]:50000;databaseName=DBNAME

Hi,

Can you try the below command ,I believe you missed the quote and space after xe
dbConfigurator.bat -a catalog -d ‘oracle -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=xe’ -u system -p tiger

Thanks,
Harsha

Hi Harsha,

Thank you for your correction, it seems it is working with minor changes to your command…i have just removed the quote ’ and it is working…
In my actual command I used the ; I thing that caused an issue.

I will update here if anything else.

Thanks,
Madhava

Hi All,

when I am trying to install/ execute the MWS component scripts Iam getting an exception, please find the below full statement, please suggest what scripts to be executed to avoid this exception

FYI… I tried to run these below 5 scripts manually over SQL developer I don’t see any issue but still not able to start the wM MWS.

c:\SoftwareAG\common\db\bin>dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d oracle -c MywebMethodsServer -v latest -pr MWS -l jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=xe -u system -p tiger
user log: c:\SoftwareAG\common\db\logs\dcc.log
developer log: c:\SoftwareAG\common\db\logs\log-20210525062740.txt
dcc version: 10.7.0.0000-0034

action: create
products:
- MWS
components:
- MywebMethodsServer

database type : oracle
database URL : jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;serviceName=xe
version : latest

component : Tracking
installed : no
action : create
component : ComponentTracker
version : latest
scripts : 9 total
script : 1
file : C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\DCC\ComponentTracker\scripts\8.0\oracle\create_1.sql

script       : 2
file         : C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\DCC\ComponentTracker\scripts\8.0\oracle\create_2_25.sql
status       : executing

script       : 3
file         : C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\DCC\ComponentTracker\scripts\8.0\oracle\create_3_view.sql

script       : 4
file         : C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\DCC\ComponentTracker\scripts\8.0\oracle\create_4_20.sql

script       : 5
file         : C:\SoftwareAG\common\db\DCC\ComponentTracker\scripts\8.0\oracle\create_5_version.sql

script       : 6
level        : v8.0

error: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into (“SYSTEM”.“COMPONENT_EVENT”.“COMPONENT_EVENT_ID”)

section: 0
script: ComponentTracker, INSTALL, v8.0
error.message: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into (“SYSTEM”.“COMPONENT_EVENT”.“COMPONENT_EVENT_ID”)

report 0: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into (“SYSTEM”.“COMPONENT_EVENT”.“COMPONENT_EVENT_ID”)
, ComponentTracker, INSTALL, v8.0, 0
report 1: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into (“SYSTEM”.“COMPONENT_EVENT”.“COMPONENT_EVENT_ID”)

Hi,

generally, the user system should not be used to create custom dataobjects in it.

It should only be used to create another custom user/schema to hold the custom objects.
Please have a look at webMethods Installation Guide for how to provide additional admin user and password to the command line interface of DCC.

Regards,
Holger

thank you Holger, will try and get back

Hi,

I am getting simialr error even after using custom USER/SCHEMA.

Can you please guide me?

Regards,
Jacob

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.