Installation on Mac

Hi,

I just downloaded the “wMServiceDesigne.zip” file to see if its possible to install on Mac High Sierra. Per this thread

It seems it might be possible via the JAR file. However, I’m confused about which JAR file is being referred to. All the documentation says is

“if you want to use the jar file rather than the exe to start the installer, you must execute the jar file from within a command shell that has system administrator privileges.”

However, when I run this from my shell, I get the below error …

davea$ java -jar install/lib/wsdlauncher.jar
Installation root folder : /Users/davea/Downloads/wMServiceDesigner
ServiceDesigner.ini file is updated.
Designer/eclipse/configuration/config.ini file is updated.
Launching eclipse : [/Users/davea/Downloads/wMServiceDesigner/install/bin/eclipse.exe, --launcher.ini, /Users/davea/Downloads/wMServiceDesigner/ServiceDesigner.ini, -showSplash, /Users/davea/Downloads/wMServiceDesigner/Designer/eclipse/plugins/com.softwareag.common.eclipse_10.4.0.0000-0033/splash.bmp]
Eclipse launcher log at : /Users/davea/Downloads/wMServiceDesigner\install\launcherlog_1562878189827.txt
Exception in thread “main” java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “/Users/davea/Downloads/wMServiceDesigner/install/bin/eclipse.exe”: error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at com.softwareag.designer.eclipselauncher.EclipseInvoker.launchEclipse(EclipseInvoker.java:85)
at com.softwareag.designer.eclipselauncher.EclipseInvoker.main(EclipseInvoker.java:36)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(UNIXProcess.java:248)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
… 2 more

Is there more updated instructions for installing on Mac High Sierra?

Hi - webMethods Service Designer is available as free download and supported only in Windows Platform, as of now.
Please refer. http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/pwiki/-/wiki/Main/Guide%20to%20Downloading%20and%20Installing%20webMethods%20Service%20Designer%20Free%20Trial

Please use commercial Designer Service Development installation for Mac platform.
-Thanks, Sanjib

Is there a trial version of the commercial Designer Service Development available? We would like to evaluate before purchasing the licenses.

Thanks, - Dave