installation - connecting to a database

Hi there
Hoping some one can help! I’m a complete newbie!

I went through the installation, and skipped the database connection as I had no DB setup as yet!
Afterwards i realised that it wont work without an embedded or external database.

I’ve installed MySQL server now, and now I’m a little confused as to what to do next.

I’m not sure if I need to configure the MySQL database or if the installer would have setup the database based on the integration servers requirements? I’m a bit confused on the next steps i should take.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

May I know the components that you intend to use in wM Product Suite?

To install the product tables you need to run the DCC (Database Component Configurator) and make sure it is installed on your sytem.

Hi Craig,

which version of wM are you running on?

Please note that 10.4 currently does not have an UI for DCC, only a CLI variant.

After creating the required tables in the database you can go to the IS Admin UI to configure the database pools.
For MWS go to MWS/server/default/configuration and check for the mws.db.xml to switch the database schema.

Using the embedded database is quite limited to very few functions, i.e. MWS is only alloed for Monitoring the IS when running on embedded database and IS can only use ISInternal functions, CrossReferencing and DocumentHistory.

Most other functions will require an external database.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the reply’s.

I took a different approach.
I created my test database using Microsoft SQL 2014. Within the integration server, i setup a JDBC connection and was able to successfully connect.

Great! But JDBC Adapter connection is different from the JDBC Pools.

1 Like

Hi Holger,

Hope you are doing well…!

I am a developer and very limited knowledge on the setup but i am trying to install the product on my own.

i have created the jdbc pool and its connected the DB without any issue. Pending part is creating schemas and creating tables in Oracle database.

Could you please help me on finding the scripts to execute for IS, MWS and TN?

i am working with wM version 10.5 free trail.

Thanks in advance,
Rama

Hi Ravindra,

hopefully you have installed the Database Configurator and the Database Scripts component together with the rest of your installation.
Unfortunately the Trial version does not see have UI for the Database Configurator so you will have to use the CLI version of it.

Usually these components are located under common/db where you have installed your wM Trial version.
go to the bin subdirectory for the program and go to the scripts subdirectory for the scripts separated by db vendor types.

See Database Configuration Users Guide for further information.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you very much for your reply. i changed my DB vendor to MySQL from Oracle as i was facing some issues.

Now below is the process which i followed

1. created schema by connecting MySQL through MySQL work bench

2. update the setenv.bat with MySQL driver

3. then executed databaseconifgurator.bat with the below command

dbConfigurator.bat -a create -c ISInternal -v latest -d MySQL -l jdbc:mysql://webMethods.c4560ohrtgxqsy.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com/webMIS -u root -p ***** -n webMIS (masked credentials)

4. i got an error after triggering this command. failure is while doing some insertion on the table called component_event.
    ideally this is MySQL so table names are case sensitive but while doing insert its using table name with small letters but its supposed to use Capital letters. is this something wrong with the scripts provided or i am not doing it correct?

please see the error which i am getting. I am also attaching my log DCC log files and the db folder.

user log: C:\SoftwareAG105\common\db\bin......\common\db\logs\dcc.log
developer log: C:\SoftwareAG105\common\db\bin......\common\db\logs\log-20191126074004.txt
dcc version: 10.5.0.0000-0169
executing action: create
processing products:
processing components: [ISInternal]
processing tracking component not installed
running create on component ComponentTracker, version latest
running script C:\SoftwareAG105\common\db\bin......\common\db\DCC\ComponentTracker/scripts\8.0\mysql\create.sql (1 of 5)
running script ComponentTracker, INSTALL, v8.0 (2 of 5)
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘webMIS.component_event’ doesn’t exist
at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.ExecScript.execute(ExecScript.java:34)
at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.TrackingScript.execute(TrackingScript.java:29)
at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.Component.executeScript(Component.java:199)
at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.Component.executeScripts(Component.java:171)
at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.Component.create(Component.java:151)
at com.softwareag.dcc.exec.CreateAction.processComponent(CreateAction.java:21)
at com.softwareag.dcc.exec.Action.process(Action.java:84)
at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.ComponentSet.execute(ComponentSet.java:60)
at com.softwareag.dcc.exec.Action.execute(Action.java:75)
at com.softwareag.dcc.app.Runner.create(Runner.java:114)
at com.softwareag.dcc.app.Runner.run(Runner.java:54)
at com.softwareag.dcc.cli.Main.(Main.java:89)
at com.softwareag.dcc.cli.Main.main(Main.java:135)
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘webMIS.component_event’ doesn’t exist
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:377)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:360)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:978)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3887)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3823)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2435)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2582)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2530)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1907)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2141)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2077)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:2062)
at com.mysql.jdbc.CallableStatement.executeUpdate(CallableStatement.java:934)
at com.softwareag.dcc.db.JDBCUpdate.(JDBCUpdate.java:11)
at com.softwareag.dcc.db.JDBCConnection.update(JDBCConnection.java:44)
at com.softwareag.dcc.sql.SqlUpdate.execute(SqlUpdate.java:49)
at com.softwareag.dcc.comp.ExecScript.execute(ExecScript.java:26)
… 12 more
section: 0
script: ComponentTracker, INSTALL, v8.0
sql: INSERT INTO component_event
(component_cd,
component_desc,
component_event,
component_level
)
VALUES (‘CTR’,
‘ComponentTracker’,
‘INSTALL’,
‘v8.0’
)
error.message: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘webMIS.component_event’ doesn’t exist
error.stackTrace: [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@29f7cefd
report 0: Table ‘webMIS.component_event’ doesn’t exist, ComponentTracker, INSTALL, v8.0, 0
report 1: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘webMIS.component_event’ doesn’t exist
log-20191126074004.txt (49 KB)
db.zip (3.47 MB)
setEnv.bat (1.2 KB)