Insert data using TaminoAPI.php

Hello!

My software is:
- Windows 2000 Pro + SP3
- Tamino 4.1.4
- Tamino PHP API 0.2.0

Using Tamino API PHP module, I have been trying to load data (process method). This data is the xml file which is 15kb. Unfortunately, my data could not be loaded successfully. Only, I got the following text message error:

“Tamino Error:”

After this, I decided to debug TaminoAPI.php and I found that variable $this->_sResultHeader; includes the following contents:

HTTP/1.1 414 Request-URI Too Large Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:39:30 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.22 (Win32) mod_jk/1.2.0 PHP/4.3.2 Connection: close Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

So, variable $this->_iResultHttpCode is 414. I found the following description about this HTTP code error:

Code number:

Error message:
Request URL Too Long

Description:
The server is refusing to service the request because the Request-URI is longer than the server is willing to interpret.

So, what can I do to fix it?
Please help.

In advance, thanks a lot!

best regards,
Dariusz Baumann

PS.
Additionally, I can say that using Tamino Interactive Interface, this XML file was loaded successfully.

Hello Dariusz,

I suspect the problem occurs because the process request is being issued with http GET rather than POST, and there are limits to the length of a URL. There have been amendments to the php API to support POST and maybe the current download includes these changes. Please try and download it to see if the php API has changed. If not let me know and I will post the updated version.

best regards,

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.