inodmp in Version 8.2 giving errors and restoring from 8.0

Hi,

We have just upgraded from version 8.0 to version 8.2 of Centrasite ActiveSOA. Having said that, the upgrade was done in-place as per the install manuals. That went Ok, and the conversion of the registry/repository was completed successfully ->‘schema’ from 8.0 to 8.2 has changed was my understanding. The system is functioning OK, however when we run the inodmp command to dump or restore we get the following errors:

15-SEP-2011 10:56:22 INODST1751: (ARG0401) Cannot find language library (language resource not installed for product).
15-SEP-2011 10:56:22 INODSW2198: (ARG0401) Cannot find language library (language resource not installed for product).
15-SEP-2011 10:56:22 INODSF1307: (ARG0401) Cannot find language library (language resource not installed for product).
15-SEP-2011 10:56:22 INODSF1436: (ARG0401) Cannot find language library (language resource not installed for product).

What would you think would cause this issue? Its currently hampering the backup and restore capabilities

How would one go about restoring data from version 8.0 to 8.2. Does inodmp or inosrv does the job (as schemas have changed from 8.0 to 8.2)?

Hi Sukhpal,

before you can issue any of the ino* commands, you have to execute the centrasite_setenv.sh command (Unix), similar tool exists under Windows.
However, with CentraSite 8.2, we deliver a tool called MoveCentraSiteRR.sh which is the preferred way to restore backups from another machine. It also can use CentraSite 8.0 backups.

Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for the quick response. This is very much appreciated.
I did as you told and the command now works like a charm.

Having said that, do we define this as a standard enviroment setting in Windows (thats the platform we are running on)? I might have missed something, was this enviroment variables also in version 8.0, because i dont see that being defined at all in version 8.0 and it works alright?

Had a look at the MoveCentraSiteRR. From what i see it does delete the current database and uses the inodmp command to set the new database up. I presume the inodmp does the conversion too as required?

regards

Sukhpal

Hi Sukhpal,

in 8.0, you actually had to run two scripts under Unix to get inodmp to work. On Windows, I think we pre-configured it differently so that it was included in the commands.
Whenever a CentraSite database starts up, it automatically applies all needed patches, called “repairs” to get to the correct version reflected in the “About” box.

Hope that helps,
Gerald

Hi Gerald

Thank you… it does really help. Keep up the good work you are doing!

regards

Sukhpal