initiate start command

I connect to z/OS via extra.

Where should I issue the START command?

n.sd.log
/S nameOfdb

Is log right place to initiate start or stop command?

Thank You

Typically DBAs don’t have access to the system console where the start command is issued:

/S procname

I don’t have that kind of access myself.

Are you saying you do, and yet no one is there with you at your place of employment to mentor you in all this?

I get increasingly more and more concerned about this every new question you ask. I am incredulous that you not only have the keys to the kingdom from a DBA perspective but also from a systems operations perspective, and yet you have no mentor where you work from whom you can learn and no training or experience. How can an organization operate like that?

In fact, I find it improbably that any organization would operate like that (even in the worst of economic conditions). How do we know you aren’t a hacker trying to get information to use against some unsuspecting organization?

are you consultant?

If you can give answer to my question is fine otherwise please please please stop writing about any thing else.

Here is my inquiry again, please reply if you know answer otherwise please do not bother.

Where should I issue the START command?

n.sd.log
/S nameOfdb

Is log right place to initiate start or stop command?

I already told you the answer to your question in my last post: that you enter the start command on the system console, and that typically system operators do that, not DBAs.

You also have the option of running your MPM as a job, but that’s not desirable.

And I am not a consultant… just a DBA who is concerned about the organization for whom you have been let loose on.

I request to moderator to take notice.