Infrastructure Data Collector

We are planning to configure optimize for infrastructure

Infrastructure Data Collector, how many IS and Broker server it can handle ???

We have the setting up the below environment

1. OS : Win2k3 Enterprise Edition 64 Bit
  2. RAM : 32 GB
  3. DB Size : 200 GB
  4. KPI : 100- 200

Is this Sufficient??

Please suggest

hi,
i believe you must have achieved this by now.
We will be configuring optimize for infrastructure now, and any suggestions and even if any material which can help us in working on this will be helpful at the earliest.

Thanks,
Aishvarya

Hi Aishvarya,

You can configure optimize for infrastructure, before that make sure that all the components are working and started.

Environment must be configured in MWS and should be able to talk to all the components.

If you need any help, please raise it, if i know, i will answer for it. Sorry i don’t have any document as such. I have used all the docs from the advantage site.

Warm Regards,
Gopinath K.M

thanks for the quick reply!

When i am tryin to start my Analytic engine from the command prompt i get the following error-

C:\webMethodsOpt7\optimize\analysis\bin>call “C:\webMethodsOpt7\optimize\analysis\bin\cpappend.bat” …....\common\lib\wm-scg-jdbcpool.jar
The input line is too long.
“C:\webMethodsOpt7\optimize\analysis\bin\cpappend.bat” was unexpected at this time.

My OS is Windows 2000.
I am not sure whether this is suppose to be the OS issue but when i try the same in Xp/Vista it works fine.
Can someone suggest a solution to this?

Thanks,
Aishvarya

Hello
i configured Optimize for infrastructure in windowsXP and it worked fine but i am not sure its OS problem . Try ruinning it as a windows service and c

thanks
Anil

I’d suggest running it as a windows service as well, but that aside…

Are you running the bat file via a cmd.exe window? If so, most likely this is due to a really long classpath being defined as part of the call, and you are overflowing the cmd.exe string limitation (which is 2047 characters on Win2K and NT4.0).

Tried running through a windows service also. It does not work!

Are you running the bat file via a cmd.exe window? If so, most likely this is due to a really long classpath being defined as part of the call, and you are overflowing the cmd.exe string limitation (which is 2047 characters on Win2K and NT4.0).

Yes, i am doing this through a cmd.exe window, so does it mean that its not possible to open this via Win2k due to the overflow in string limitation?
Cos, it opens fine with Win Xp. Is ther any solution to this, or one has to change the OS here?

Hi

Try to decrease the classpath size like give short names to directores like O instead of optimizeforinfrastructure i mean give something like this

c:/prog~/O/***.exe

this may reduce the size to some extent

thanks
Anil

SUBST may work as well.

Phil

C:\webMethodsOpt7\optimize\analysis\bin>

The only place wher we can mention path is webMethodsOpt7 which i have also tried with wM, but it does not help much.

Phil,
can u explain wts SUBST?

when the startupanalyticEngine.bat is run, it internally calls the cpappend.bat and hence leads to the overflow in string limitation.

Hello

open ur commandprompt and type ‘help subst’.You can find what it is and how it can be used

thanks
Anil

thnks for your suggestions, but again the solution here was to chg the OS, for the reasons already mentioned-
[SIZE=2][COLOR=navy]Character length limit in a bat file under win2K is 2K i.e. 2048 characters in win2K and 8kb in Win XP.i.e. 8096 characters!

Thanks,
Aishvarya
[/COLOR][/size]