Http get URL having french/special character

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

IS_10.5_Core_Fix8
IS_10.5_SPM_Fix7

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

We are trying to download file from customer using Get method. The Http url framed is having file name which has special character/french character in it and because of which request is not reaching customer.
When we try with file name without special character/french character , we are able to download content.

I have tried using URLEncode service but no luck

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

We just receive 400 bad request. And could see that request not reaching the customer.

I just read the part where you say that you’ve tried URLEncode already.

Can you share your sanitized URL?
Have you checked if the target system is able to handle an encoded URL?
Have you set the right Content Type and Encoding?

Have you tried encoding the special character(s), before the request goes out?
Ascii table for French Canadian charset (CP863) - Ascii-Codes

Built-in Service - pub.string:URLEncode

KM

Hi Kasi Mugada,
Thanks for reply.
Can you please confirm what header we can add for this encoding.
The URL looks like below:
OFR/troubleTicket//attachment/Capture d’écran.png/file

Can you try Accept-Charset:utf-8 and/or Content-Type:application/json; charset=utf-8?
Perhaps you can use Postman to test this out before transferring to your code.

KM

Hi @Monica_Sheshanarayana
A few additional questions,

1. Are you using any built in services such as pub.client:http to call the target service? please provide details or inputs passed to the service that is trying to download the file , or alternate means.
  2. Please try setting the Logging Level for HTTP related facilities in the Settings->Logging - server logger to trace and check if there are more details in the server logs in addition to just 400 bad request.
    Would also be interesting to check the exact URL that is being requested in the logs.
  3. I would agree with @Venkata_Kasi_Viswanath_Mugada1 about testing the headers in the Postman / any other client.

-NP

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.