REST API Descriptor

Hello,
we did not receive the data Rest API descriptor in flow service by using postman tool.

Can you please help me on this?

Thanks and Regards
Kanaka Rao Darsi

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Hi @kanakarao ,

Can you please elaborate on your issue? What is the use case? What API are you trying to invoke to get the Rest API Descriptor? Please share the exact steps and the error you are facing and what are your expectations?

Please fill out in the format.

• What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?
  • Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?
  • What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.
  • Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file

Thanks,
Sree

1 Like

Hello,

• What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?
    A) we are using 10.11
  • Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?
    A) licensed version
  • What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.
    A) we are created REST Descriptor with openAPI 3.0 version and it is created rad and resource and services and doctype also.
    when we are testing the postman below url status showing 200 Ok but not receiving Data in the flow services.

services not receiving the data

• Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file
    A) we have not received any error log.

As Sree has mentioned , elaborating your usecase will definitely help.

• When you mention that you are not receiving the data in the flow services, what data are you sending from postman?
  • Is this a GET request or a POST request. Does it match the mapping in the Rest API Descriptor?
  • Have you tried invoking the flow service directly through invoke directive , e.g, /invoke/folder:serviceName and check if the data is available?

-NP

How did you determine that the FLOW service did not receive data? What does the service do?

Hello,

This is POST services. please find the below screenshot for your references.

Hi @kanakarao,

There are 2 scenarios in webMethods Integration Server supporting the OpenAPI 3.0.

1. OpenAPI Provider - When you import an OpenAPI document as a provider you will have to do the implementation of the services to be returned when the API is invoked because you are acting as the service provider. If you haven’t done any implementation after importing the OpenAPI document then you would not have anything to be returned as part of the service invocation

2. OpenAPI Consumer - When you import an OpenAPI document as a consumer you are creating just a consumer (client) of an already provided server.

Let me know, which one you are using it as. Also, it would help if you could provide a screenshot of what you are providing in postman for the request and also what is the service implementation (if you have done it). If you could share the OpenAPI document and the API you are invoking, we could give it a try and let you know how it works.

Thanks,
Sree

@kanakarao , In addition to the above steps, You can also try with a sample request that points eventually to a simple service, In this service, you can have a pub.flow:tracePipeline to check what is the available in the pipeline.
Then compare with a direct /invoke on the same service if you see the same data.

-NP

Open API we have openapi 3.0 document file imported. when taking the service.

rad/notify:rad_API:cameras

Again, yes we can import the OpenAPI Document as “Provider” or as “Consumer”. Please see attached screenshot.

And can you please attach the service pipeline? Or the generated folder structure from designer?

we are provider

Ok. After you have imported the OpenAPI document as Provider, did you do the implementation in the service? Ideally, when you open one of the POST_** services you would add some steps into it and also do the mapping to the output. Please check how the implementation is been done and whether data is set to the output of the service. You could simply run the service by right click on it and selecting “Run Service”. If the implementation is there, you would see the output. Let know how it worked.

we are not receiving the data POST_cameraAlarm_svc1 services

please help me on this?

Hello,

Yes, I have implemented services just document to json string and debug log also. but services receiving empty data.

i have given some data through postman.

@kanakarao we could certainly help only when we have the required information. Please do the following

1. Open POST_cameraAlarm_svc1 in Designer (attach the screenshot)
  2. Open the pipeline view for this service in Designer (attach the screenshot)

OR

1. Run the service directly in the Designer and attach the screenshot of the results.

OR

1. If you could attach the openAPI document.

If we know what is in the service then only we can analyze and see what is happening.

Thanks,
Sree

Hello,

I have sent meeting invite

hi @kanakarao

As discussed, please check after installing the latest fixes on 10.11 and let me know if it resolved your scenario.

Thanks,
Sree