How to us SUBCISPAGE2

Hi Hermann,

just to make sure: Did you find all answers to your questions regarding XCICONTEXT?

Regarding debugging and development in general:
NaturlONE supports very convenient debugging in an integrated envronment. Especially when you develop NJX applications you have Natural programs and layouts all in the same project. I personally wouldn’t want to switch back to developing the Natural Programs in 1 tool and having another very limited tool for the layouts.

What prevents you from switching to Natural ONE? It will save you lots of development time.

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,

no questions at the moment :wink:

NaturalONE is actual in the rollout phase - some pilot user are working with it - but the “normal” have still to wait :frowning:

BR,
Hermann

Hi Christine,

sorry - but still one problem arise

when I start a new session and navigate to the page including SUBCISPAGE2 the subpage is not populated
when I go back one page and try it again it works - or I do some other functions and come back later - it works as soon as I am in the same session
when I close the session and start with a new one or start a second session - same behavior

Have you any idea how to fix this “new session” problem?

BR,
Hermann

Hi Hermann,

in which event do you increase the changeindex?
Could you please paste the “Code-Snippet” with the changeindex handling?

Thanks + Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,

I attach the Code-Snippet - also that you can see that the page definition is a little bit extensive in our environment
maybe there is a possibility to make it easier in future versions :wink:

BR,
Hermann
subcispage_150921.txt (3.28 KB)

Hi Hermann,
I cannot find anything wrong in your code. I also tried to do the same in my example:

Setting the openedindex
Setting the pageid
Setting the url for the page
Setting changeindex

In my example the subcispage is immediately rendered when I switch to the page with the TABPAGE control.
When you say “start a new session” do you mean start your application in the browser window?
Does the page with the TABPAGE control run in the same session “xciParameters.natsession=Single%20Sign%20On” as specified in the url of the subcispage?

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,

yes - “start a new session” means start the application in the browser

is there any system variable so that I can check the natsession?

What is maybe worth to be mentioned - we are in a “mixed” mode in our application as we’ve just started to change from 3270 to Ajax - so a lot of screens are displayed in Web I/O mode.

In our case the “page” before the TABPAGE control is a normal map in Web I/O - could this have any impact?

BR,
Hermann

Hi Hermann,

I didn’t try with from a Web I/O page. If it works when navigating from a NJX page but does not work when navigating from a Web I/O page then this is a bug. I guess it is easy for you to check this. You just need any simple NJX page and call your page.

If this really is the cause, please add a support request for it.

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,

one last question (for the moment :slight_smile: )

for historical reason one of my lib’s in test environment is named “DOKA+”

and therefore I have a problem with the Subpage-string - specially with the LOGON-part

i.e. LOGON+DOKA+

it seems that the second “+” which belongs to the Lib-name is not interpreted as part of the Lib-name and therefore the Lib is not found.

the question is: how to write the Lib-name “DOKA+” so that it interpreted correctly?

BR,
Hermann

URL-escape it as

DOKA%2B

thanks - is working :smiley: :smiley:

BR,
Hermann