How to send Functional Acknowledgment, after generating it?

Hi !
I’m using wm.b2b.edi.util:generateFA service to generate FA.
However, i’m unaware how to deliver it to the sender. Should i write a flow service… if so, what are the prerequisites and/or logic of that particular service to send the FA to the respective sender. Also, plz suggest what are various means to send FA to the sender.

Thnx,
Knight…,
A Dev Guy… ! :rofl:

Treat and send the FA the same way you send any other transaction set. Or is sending the FA your first thing that you’ll be sending? Are you using TN? If not, and it’s not too late in your project, you might seriously consider doing so.

Hi reamon !
In case i use TN to send the FA to the client, plz guide what are the steps for the TN setup for this purpose. Before that, how should FA be submitted to TN after creating it using generateFA service…
plz guide ;

Thnx,
Knight.
A Dev Guy… !

Once you create FA using generateFA service map document string to edidata and call routeXML service (map edidate to node) this will route the 997 document to TN and based on your processing rule/setup for X12Envelope or X12 997 4010 it will be delivered to your partner.

HTH,
RMG

The easiest thing to do is to have TN automatically generate the FA for you. You don’t need to do anything but configure the proper TPA(s) to do this. You will need a rule in place to either send or batch the FA after TN generates it. If you’re still on the fence about whether or not to use TN for this let me strongly encourage you to use TN. It takes care of many, many items that you would otherwise have to create code for.