How to restrict UM queue limit and throw error msg to target if limit exceeds

Hi Everyone,

I want to set UM Queue capacity to some X count and need to throw exception to target when they post X+1 request.
How can we implement this.

I tried to give Queue Capacity to 10 count but after setting the queue connect I am getting below error message while posting to UM Q.

javax.jms.IllegalStateException: MessageProducerImpl.send failed: Channel could not be found on the server:TX-Commit com.wm.app.b2b.server.jms.ResourceUnavailableException: javax.jms.IllegalStateException: MessageProducerImpl.send failed: Channel could not be found on the server:TX-Commit

If anyone done similar requirement, Kindly post your thoughts…

Regards,
Sangeetha

I assume you are referring to Tigger Queue Capacity which is “Specifies the maximum number of documents the server can store in this trigger queue.”

Regarding "I want to set UM Queue capacity to some X count and need to throw exception to target when they post X+1 request.
How can we implement this. "

How is the message getting pushed/published to UM Queue?

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your response.

Source system is a java enabled system and directly posting the data to UM queue.

Since IS is not involved between source and UM queue but we need to restrict the volume of data by mentioning the queue capacity.

There is a possibility to set maximum queue capacity but this is working in UM 9.12 version and above.

We are using UM 9.10version. How to achieve this functionality in 9.10version.

Regards,
Sangeetha

As you have mentioned that this feature is not available on UM 9.10, then you can ask them to write a Java code to check the current or outstanding messages count before publishing to UM queue.

Refer them to the UM Java Admin Api docs.

Or you can also expose an Api from your side so that they can use it, check the count and then publish it.

Hope it helps.

Hey,

When you mention the capacity feature is not available in 9.10, are you referring to setting a capacity on a store as that absolutely is supported in 9.10

The exception that was raised to me is because you need to restart the JMS client after recreating the store, its genuinely raised only when a store cannot be found to my current knowledge.

What fix level 9.10 client and server are you using?

Joshua