Consuming message from UM queue with JMS

Hi
I have a requirement where message from client need to publish to UM queue/topic using JMS with some unique transactionId. and then it need to be retrieved later when another http request comes from client in different rest service, there i need to retrieve the message from JMS queue/topic using a selector (unique transactionId). Is there a way to do this?

Hi @nitin.a.agarwal - Keeping the messages in a Message oriented middleware AKA MOM (in this case UM) for another transaction that might come later is not a good design.

MOM/UM is not a database, but provides a loosely coupled way to share data between two different systems asynchronously.

Better to store the data in a datastore from which you can query by transaction id for the later system to make HTTP call.

Hi @srikanth.prathipati1803
thanks for your suggestion, i can look for another alternative to store the message.
Just wanted to know if still there is a way using JMS if we can retrieve data at later point? Thanks in Advance.

As @srikanth.prathipati1803 already mentioned it’s not the ideal way to see MOM, if you still want to give a try, please have a look at the onDemandConsumer feature of Integration Server, where you can just create a consumer with with a filter apply to it, receive message do the job and ack.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.