how to import queue in UM which is part of cluster

Hi,

I have exported a queue from Development UM using EM (export realm xml) which is an xml file.

I tried to import this xml file on one of Test realm server (which is part of cluster) using import realm xml and the queue gets displayed under that particular realm but its not a cluster queue.
Also when I check the JNDI tab for that particular realm server, the queue isn’t displayed under Queues section.

I have also tried by importing the same xml file on other test realm server (which is part of cluster, its a UM cluster with two realm servers in it), but still the same issue as for the first realm server.

Please let me know what can be the issue and how to resolve it.

Regards,
Ilias S

Hello Shaik,

I also tried exporting(selecting everything under Channels and Queues of export pop-up) a realm XML from standalone UM realm (with a Queue and a Topic with equivalent JNDI entries and another set of Queue and topic without JNDI entries) to clustered UM realm. Following is my observation:

1. All Queues, topics and JNDI entries are importing successfully.
  2. But none of them appeared as clustered topic/queue, even JNDI entries are present for them. I feel this as bug, since creating a new topic/queue in clustered JNDI tab creates it as clustered topic/queue.

Coming to your case, If queue is not displayed under JNDI tab, then you might have missed selecting “JNDI config” checkbox either while importing or exporting.

Tip: if you are creating a fresh cluster, keep all realms without any assets(topics/queue/connectionfactories/etc.) except one realm(ie., your development UM where you have all assets which you want to bring to cluster) which you are going to add to cluster. Later if you think that realm is not required to be part of cluster, you can remove it from cluster, but it still retains all assts which were converted from local to clustered.

HTH,
Chandra

Workaround for importing a clustered channel as non-clustered or viceversa:

Whenever channels/queues are exported, they have an attribute ‘clusterWide’. If we export a clustered channels/queues, then this is set to ‘true’ and when exported non-clustered channel/queue, this is set to ‘false’.

So, while importing into any UM (clustered/non-clustered), one can tweak ‘clusterWide’ attribute of each channel/queue depending on how they want to import it as (ie., set clusterWide=true if you want a channel to be imported as cluster-wide channel, clusterWide=false if you want to import it as standalone).