How to Export data into excel sheet using flow service.

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with the solution to export the data into excel sheet using any of the following below options,

1.webservice
2.flow service
3.java service

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

There are several ways to achieve these requirements. Please give us a little more information about the case.

1. What format of excel you are interested in? Xls, xlsx? Maybe csv will be enough?
  2. What version of server you are using?
  3. What should happen to the file after export? Download by ie. browser? Store in local file system?

lskierkowski
www.bluesoft.net.pl

Hi,

Thanks for you reply:)I am very glad to see your response to my question.

1.I want the excel to be in .xls format
2.webMethods 8.2 version
3.using adapter service,the data should be collected from the database and want to export into excel which should store into local desktop

This is needed for me because there are thousands of jobs getting failed on daily basis.I want to generate an automated mail to the business user with the attached excel sheet of data collected from the database on the previous day.

Please let me know if you need further more info on this.

[COLOR=#333333]Hi,

1.I want the excel to be in .xls format[/color]
The only way to export to real xls format is use of MSDN Libraries for .NET. All Java implementations have some problems. You can use Apache POI or JExcel to produce xls or xlsx.

> 2.webMethods 8.2 version
> 3.using adapter service,the data should be collected from the database and want to export into excel which should store into local desktop

To download xls you can use WS-Attachmens for webservice or prepare proper http headers in output template or dsp (Dynamic Server Pages and Output Templates
Developer’s Guide) format for service output.

You can also use Integration Server email API to produce proper emails directly from IS (MIME-S/MIME Developer’s Guide).

lskierkowski
www.bluesoft.net.pl

Hello,

This is a useful article. I was looking something similar to this.

The only different thing that I seek is to have the excel file exported to the local system(on the server system in config folder of the package)

and 2ndly I wish to this from CAF page.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks. Cheers.

Hi All,

I am trying to generate the excel file(.xls) using java services. For this i have placed the POI java library on the server/lib/jars as well referenced on the designer.

The input for this service will be document list containing list of strings.

For example

Input

Employee ( Document List)
Name (String)
Designation(String)
Department(String)

Option 1:

Output

ExcelObject(Object) - I don’t know how to map the object as excel ole object or excel object.

Option 2:

I removed the output object and tried to create the excel within the project folder. Say “Employee.xls”. But when i run the service on the designer its not showing any error but couldn’t see the file.

Also debug trace is not working for java services and system.out.println is also not working.

Can anybody help me to give the clue for generating the excel using java services as well for debugging the java services.