How to export adabas databases from an ibm z/os mainframe to aws

Currently our databases are on an IBM Z/OS Mainframe and we want to do tests in AWS, but I want to know if I export the databases with ADABAS tools such as ADASAVE or, failing that, how to create the database structures and your adabas files to later populate the adbas files with data.

Thanks.

1 Like

There is a 3rd-party product that can read a mainframe ADASAV backup, but with Adabas utilities alone you will need to perform file-by-file decompress/FTP/ADACMP/ADAMUP. ADACMP can handle a binary/RDW format input file.

Hello Ralph, thanks for the answer, I am going to apply a data decompression, but I would like more information about ADABAS in AWS to learn how to start in this new Cloud environment.

Thanks.

What OS are you using in the Cloud? Installation of Adabas in a Cloud server is the same as it is for an on-premise installation. Variations mostly depend on the OS you are using (Linux or Windows).

Please check out the forum’s knowledge base to see if there are topics there that will help you. Adabas-on-Linux Knowledge base articles, news, Community help, and support forum discussions

Hi Douglas, We are currently working in an IBM Mainframe Z/OS environment and we want to experiment on AWS, the problem is how do we start, or where can I get more information to do more testing.

I am visiting these pages to learn more about AWS

Hello Fernando,

My name is Eli Cohen from Product Managment.
I think the best way is to contact your local Pre Sale team or Mr. Luciano Pimenta and they will try to help you with the journey to the cloud.

1 Like

Here’s another forum video that might get you started: Adabas & Natural on the cloud! Explore the journey

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Access files in a container

Creating the database structures and your Adabas files to later populate the adbas files with data can be done using several different methods. One option is to use an ADR provider such as SqlServerDataSource or DataRowBuilder, which will help you create the necessary structure and tables in your database. Once completed, you can use Code First Migrations to migrate your data into the appropriate table formats. For this purpose, you could use an object-relational mapping (ORM) tool like Entity Framework Core or NHibernate managed beans. These tools allow you to declaratively define how your data should be stored in the database, making it easier for you to update or add new records later on without any programming required.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.