How to execute Batch Script resides in other VM from IS Service

Hi Experts, how to execute batch script resides in other VM from IS service.

Requirement : we have a reporting application running in other VM and reporting application has a batch script with some inputs to pass and execute. after execution it replies an image as base64encoded. webMethods IS service need to execute this and sends the response with base64encoded value to the channels.
I have seen executeOSCommand service, but not sure how much it will help in executing the batch in otherVM. Need your suggestions on this.

executeOSCommand is not for remote executions as it doesn’t support remote login.

Though I won’t recommend using IS this way, I do understand that sometimes you make do with what you have.

Try this out in a sandbox or lower environment (link).
Note the disclaimer.

KM

1 Like

Thanks Kasi for your suggestions

The executeOSCommand service has been spotted, but it is unclear how much help it will provide in executing the batch on others. It would be helpful if you could provide some suggestions.

maxifoot

Have you seen my response above, with a link for a package that helps with remote execution?

KM

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.