How to deploy saved searches on a workspace?

Hi,

I created a simple Workspace on a MWS development server containing a search query from Applications → Monitoring → Integration → Services.

I.e. I created a new workspace and then navigated to the Services portlet, made my query and saved the result portlet of the search to my newly created workspace. By doing this I get the search result updated each time I go to this workspace. I then tried to export the workspace and imported it to the test environment we have setup.

The problem is that when I open the imported workspace on the test environment I get an error referring to the development server name instead of the test environment.

Web Service Connection Error. Have a System Administrator verify the Integration Server settings at Administration → My webMethods → System Settings

java.rmi.ConnectException: url = https://:/soap/rpc

It seems that the servername is hardcoded into the search query and my approach to generate “fixed” searches like this will not work…

Is there a better way where I can save searches on the dev environment and then “deploy” it to the test and prod environments on a Workspace? The reason I have to do this is purely “political” since I as a developer do not have access to the production environment at all.

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated!
/D

bump

Noone who could help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
/Daniel

Just an update, I resolved the issue myself by:

1. Exporting the worspace to disc.
  2. Renamed the exported .cdf-file to .zip
  3. Extracted the zip file
  4. Replaced the server names in the file exportRoots/xmlImport1.xml with the correct names.
  5. Made a new zip file and renamed it to .cdp
  6. Imported the new cdp file to the target environment

The search queries now work correctly.