How to Debug

Hi all.,
i developed a flowService. when i run it onlyFew of the steps executing so, i would like to know where exactly the error is comming and what is the erro. can any one know how to debug the service.?
Thanks&Regard’s;
M Kartheek

Kartheek,

Trace(F5):
Executes flow steps one after another to the end of the service and visually marks steps as they execute.

Trace to Here(F6):
Executes flow steps one after another up to a specified point and visually marks steps as they execute.

Trace Into(Shift+F5):
Executes flow steps one after another to the end of the service and visually marks steps as they execute, including steps in child flows.

Step (F7): TRY THIS
Executes the next flow step and then halts.

Step Into(F8):
Opens a child flow or a MAP step so that you can debug the individual flow steps within it.

You can find detailed description in

webMethods Developer User�s Guide Chapter 13(Testing and Debugging Services)

Cheers,
Ram Challuri

Kartheek,

To add to Ram’s comments, you might also find it useful to use the save and restore pipeline functions (pub.flow:savePipeline, pub.flow:restorePipeline as well as savePipelineToFile and restorePipelineFromFile). You can find details of these in the Built-In Services guide (Developer docs directory).

When debugging a service which is called by other services, you will probably want to work on the failing service in isolation, in which case you may find the following technique helpful:

1. Add the following lines at the top of the service you want to debug:
    pub.flow:savePipelineToFile
    Exit signalling success
  2. Run the top-level service (the one that calls your service)
  3. Replace the two lines you just added to your service, with a single call to pub.flow:restorePipelineFromFile

You can now debug your service multiple times, with the input values set for you, without having to step through all of the preceding services.

BTW - this is covered in the webMethods 6 Integration Workshop 4-day training course which is highly recommended for anyone who will be developing Flow services.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve Ovens