How to create two instances of Integration Server 4.6 in the

Hello,

I understand that I have to create another port 5556.

Do I need to delete the port 5555 after I created the port 5556?

Do I have to install twice the IS in the same machine?

Has anybody done this before? Can somebody give me a highlevel check list.

Thanks,

Yes, you need to have two seperate installations. Why? Because each Integration Server will be accessing things like config files and package directories at their own time and the config files store, among other things, which ports the servers run on.

So the best bet is this:

Install the first Integration Server.
Start the first Integration Server.
Open up the admin pages and change the first server’s primary port to 5556 [NOTE: you will then have to go to this port to get to the admin pages]

Now, install the second Integration Server in a new directory.
Start the second Integration Server.
Open up the admin pages (on port 5555)

If both servers are up then you did everything right!

Joe H.

I agree with Jhines’ advice, but instead of using ports 5555 and 5556, you can use the exact same config if you bind each of the two Integration servers to a seperate IP address.

First make sure your physical server binds to two IPs. Then bind each IS to one of these specific IP by using the “watt.net.inetaddress” parameter (as I recall) in its server.cnf.

Sonam

This is also a good idea but you will still need to have two seperate installations and two seperate sets of configuration files due to the nature of the running of the Integration Server.

True. If you want you could use symbolic links for maintaining one copy of configuration files.

Simply copying a B2B server install directory and changing the IP address it binds to is a quick and dirty shortcut for ‘cloning’ servers.

How correct is this approach?:

1. I have installed in directory ‘dir1’. All configuration is default.
  2. I created directory ‘dir2’.
  3. I copied ‘dir1\packages’ into ‘dir2’
  4. I launched ‘dir1\bin\server -port 5566 -home dir2’
  5. I have a second instance up & running with all packages duplicated, it created other directories in the new home including config, but I didn’t duplicate IS binary files nor installed the server twice.

May I consider this a supported configuration?

Thank you.