I’m searching for input on how one would go ahead with building a website, using XML.
I see that there are several areas where XML can fit into the architecture, but I’d like some feedback on this, preferably from real life projects.
1. Presentation done with XSLT on top of XML.
- Easy to add new interfaces.
- Separation of functionality & data
- Need to learn XSLT
- Takes more work than hacking it up in ASP/PERL
- All the benefits of Java applets without the heavy download
- At the moment very few XML enabled browsers
- Back in the “write for every individual browser” paradigm
Anyway, I’d appreciate some feedback on these early ideas of how XML will fit into real life projects and architechtures.