How to backup data before modify shema?

I want to add some indexes in the shema,but there’s already a lot of data in the shema.
How to backup the data before modify shema?
Tamino version is 4.1.4

Hi Billy

there is no need to backup the data: when adding indices the data will be read only.
Even if the index creation should fail (which should not happen anyhow) the data
are not endangered at all. If index creation failed or has been interrupted (e.g.
due to server shutdown), the partially constructed indexes can be completed or
dropped using _admin=ino:RecreateIndex().

Cheers
Uli

Uli:
In Tamino X_Tools Schema Editor,I try to modify a exited schema to add indeces to some eliments.After the modification,I choose “validate TSD Schema”.There’s any error messages ,but in fact,the modification does’nt work.
I think whether I should undifine the schema at first,then re-difine it after midification.But do in this way,the data will be deleted completely.So,I want to backup the data at first.
To unload the data ,I use “Data Upload” in Tamino Manage,but fail.The message is “Can’t open output file /usr/”. The output file I select is /usr/aaa.xml? aaa.xml is a new created file which has only a root Elment.

Uli:
by the way,I can’t understand this:“If index creation failed or has been interrupted (e.g.
due to server shutdown), the partially constructed indexes can be completed or
dropped using _admin=ino:RecreateIndex().

Do you user command code to modify schema?I use schema edit to do it.

Hi Billy
1) “but in fact,the modification does’nt work.”

Hi Billy

Hi Billy
If that’s the case you should report it via SAGSIS