How to analyse thread dump using jvisualvm

Hi All,

I wanted to analyse the server performance during runtime using jvisualvm and hence I have installed the tool in my local.

Now when I am trying to connect to to remote host , its throwing an error message saying cannot connect to “IS:PORT” using the service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://IS:PORT/jmxrmi.

I doubt the port number which I have given is not correct,how can I find out which is the correct jmx port to be used,or are there any settings to be verified in the integration server configurations before using this tool.

Can you please help to resolve this error and successfully connect to remote host.

Thanks in advance
Ganesh

You do not have to install the JVisual VM it comes with the product installation and it is located at C:\SoftwareAG912\jvm\jvm\bin

For the JMX port details look in C:\SoftwareAG912\profiles\IS_default\configuration\com.softwareag.platform.config.propsloader\com.softwareag.jmx.connector.pid-8075.properties

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not see the jvisualvm in the directory C:\SoftwareAG912\jvm\jvm\bin.

But I have the JMX port number 8076 in com.softwareag.platform.config.propsloader,so tried to connect using localhost:8076 but still getting the same error.

Thanks and Regards
Ganesh